Cozy historic cottage- perfect for couples, singles, friends and small families- located walking distance from cafe, antiques, Pear's Mill, Wheatberry pub and Lehman's orchard brewery. The neighborhood is quiet and family friendly. There is a yard and wraparound porch to sit and watch fireflies in the summer or drink a glass of wine in the winter. Fernwood Gardens is a bike ride away. Within 25 minutes by car you can reach Lake Michigan Beaches and the University of Notre Dame (Go Irish!).
- Please leave your shoes outside on the mat marked "shoes". Please keep noise to a reasonable level out of respect for working neighbors. Please do not go into the basement, shed, or garage unless you're staying more than a week and have made special arrangements with me (need access to laundry, garage office and sofa bed, etc).
- If you have a fourth adult who needs the garage studio office-bed there will be a $25 additional flat fee to prepare the space. The space has a sofa bed, desk and printer, coffee/tea, but the guest will need to use the bathroom and kitchen in the main house.
- Please help yourself to breakfast: fresh muffins or bagels, cereal, milk, fruit when in season and coffee/tea.
- Check out time is noon.
- This is our home and not a hotel so please treat our spaces with care. When checking out leave cleaned dishes in drain or dishwasher and used towels in bundle on top of mattresses.
- Most of all, enjoy your Stay!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
I design well being workshops and retreats for care-givers (medical, educator, spiritual, and humanitarian) as well as privately for special events. I'm a mom and anthropologist by training and spent 3 years in the Caribbean doing fieldwork. The first half of my life was in California; then NYC and Chicago. Now I'm anchored in this small town of Buchanan where I can breathe deep and see the stars at night!