Spacious, peaceful and atmospheric garden room with fabulous views. Free on-street parking (!) and a range of local buses a short ride to Edinburgh's centre. This studio has private access, an en-suite shower and a kitchenette well equipped with all the essentials. If the sun is out, our private garden is yours to use. Happy to share tips for things to do, but also happy to respect your privacy as required, to ensure you have the very best possible stay in Scotland's wonderful capital.
This atmospheric garden room with views of Arthur's Seat is situated in a quiet leafy neighbourhood on one of the closest roads to the centre with free parking. Private access is via a flight of outdoor steps (see photo). The kitchenette is equipped with fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and hob, etc. Wifi is included, there is also a TV, an iron and a hair dryer. The garden room has the bonus of radiators plus underfloor heating for frosty winter days. The bed is king-size (160cm) and there is also a king-size sofa-bed. Please let us know in advance if you're going to need a duvet for the sofa-bed though.
You are welcome to use our outdoor lawn and patio with deck chairs and hammock if the weather is warm. The private garden is ideal for children as you can watch them from the garden room.
Andrew was born and bred in Edinburgh, just a few doors down, so we have buckets of local knowledge, and we're both very happy to help you with bus timetables and to provide tips for the many (free) things to do and see in this wonderful, versatile city. We live in the adjacent house, so it's easy to get hold of us, but we will respect your privacy too, as we hope this will be the opportunity for you to relax.
Thanks for taking note of these house rules: 1. No smoking, thanks
2. No pets, thanks
3. We will only hand over keys to the person who made the booking and expect your profile picture to resemble you
4. Only people named when booking can stay, so please let us know who's joining you, thanks
5. Please let us know when booking if you'll need the sofa bed, so we can add another duvet, thanks
6. This is a lovely quiet neighbourhood, so we appreciate you being considerate towards neighbours
7. No high heels or black rubber soles that will damage the wooden floor, thanks
8. Please wash any dishes & pans you use and leave the place clean and tidy, with used towels in the laundry basket, thanks
9. Strictly only flush toilet paper and human waste down the toilet and nothing else, as a macerator pump transports waste to the higher road level. Damage to the pump caused by other items will need to be charged (wet wipes, sanitary items, cotton wool, condoms etc. will damage the pump)
10. Only pour liquids down the kitchen- and bathroom sinks; no food, no other objects, and also no cooking fat, thanks
11. Please use the extractor fan when cooking, and don't cook anything that will leave lingering smells after your stay has ended, out of consideration for following guests, thanks
12. Please lock windows and doors when you are out, or when you leave, to prevent theft and also local wildlife from entering.
13. Loss of keys will need to be charged, so thanks for taking good care of them.
14. Please bring warm clothes in winter if you're used to a hot climate. The underfloor heating makes the place very cosy in winter. Overheating will damage the wooden floorboards however, so we ask you to heat at maximum 22C when in, and 16C when out. The WHO standard for a warm indoors is 18C (64F) for healthy and 20C (68F) for frail or elderly people. The average UK temperature indoors is 17.5 C (63.5F).
15. When you leave, please double check the bathroom radiator & underfloor heating are off to help protect the environment.
16. When you leave, please also lock the Gardenroom door (!) and drop the keys through the letterbox on our front door, thanks. To lock the door you need to push the handle all the way up, then turn key.
17. Before you leave please check you haven't left personal belongings.
18. Thanks for recycling cardboard and plastic; they go in the green wheelie bin at the front of our house.
19. Thanks for not permanently staining the bedsheets or sofa with food, drinks or fake suntan, we only thought of this rule after it happened... thanks
20. No commercial activities are allowed from the premises; no storage of inflammable goods, no bringing back clients, no film production on the premises, as these would require a different insurance.
21. Thanks for noting that there is a small flight of steps down to the garden room (see photo) before you request to book
22. We're very friendly folks, however we will ask you to leave if you engage in any illegal or criminal activity or break relevant house rules. We will also ask you to pay for costs incurred as a consequence of breaking house rules.
In general, like any host, we appreciate guests taking good care of this newly renovated lovely space so others can enjoy it in future too. Thanks in advance.