ผู้เข้าพัก 8 คน
LAKEFRONT HOME - 8 MIN TO RIVERWALK/DOWNTOWN, 20 MIN TO LACKLAND, THEME PARKS & SA FUN! Open, colorful, contemporary, artistic 3BR-2B, completely renovated 1920's farmhouse, facing the lake, with large rooms, high ceilings, fun outdoor patios in family neighborhood, with outdoor walking trails and pool at Woodlawn Lake. Less than a mile to I-10, providing easy access to downtown, airport, theme parks, military bases. Ideal for family vacations, friends getaway, or executive rentals.
Welcome to “Casa Luna y Lago” – a newly renovated 1920's lakefront home, offering the ideal balance of peaceful nature retreat and close proximity to downtown/Riverwalk, and SA’s favorite places (the Pearl, amusement parks, military facilities and the airport).
The main living room is open and spacious, with high ceilings, polished hardwood floors, contemporary furniture, large flat screen cable TV and high-speed wireless throughout. Euro-design eat-in kitchen opens to the main living area and is well equipped with all amenities for simple cooking or group entertaining.
The 3 bedrooms are large, comfortable, colorful & artistically decorated in fun “themes”, with high quality bedding for the most comfortable sleep. Retire to the “Texas Room,” with bay window, lush, pillow-top queen bed, office desk and overstuffed chair. Enjoy the cool aqua “Fiesta San Antonio Room” with queen contemporary memory foam bed, with cushy comfy recliner. Snuggle in the cheery “I Love You Room” with art deco furniture, a full contemporary memory foam bed, and 60’s décor and its own en suite bathroom. Living room sofa sleeper provides additional queen bed sleeping space.
Lighted entry courtyard with luna globe lighting and family sized table, which provides an intimate, peaceful place to enjoy an outdoor breakfast or dinner alfresco in this natural lakefront setting. The front porch has a swing to read a book, or enjoy a glass of wine in this lovely natural setting. The backyard has a large deck, picnic table, grill for BBQs, and outdoor seating to enjoy a fun evening under the stars.
The Woodlawn Lake Park has a 1.5 mile trail around the lake. It also has a free public pool open for adult lap swim and water zumba in the mornings (Tues-Thurs) and every afternoon (except Mon) from 2- 7 PM.
Location, location, location – The home is right off I-10, only 8 minutes to the Riverwalk or the Pearl, and 15 minutes to airport, 20 minutes to military bases, Fiesta Texas & Seaworld amusement parks and several shopping malls. Access to the public bus line to downtown is less than 1 block away. Parking is available for cars in the driveway and also along the street in front of the house in this residential neighborhood.
My focus is on making this B&B a warm and happy “home away from home," filled with creature comforts to make you comfy, content and happy – flat screen TV with cable & wireless Internet included. Coffee, Tea and Continental Breakfast items are provided with each stay. Bathrooms are supplied with paper products, soaps and shampoos for guest use. Washer & Dryer on premise. Extra large large fluffy towels and plush bathrobes complete the “Casa Luna y Lago" vacation experience!
Unless I’m traveling for work or family, I love to meet guests upon arrival and share insights about home and the city. Otherwise, guests are able to enjoy their stay in comfort and privacy. When you need me, I am only a short drive or phone call away.
Please advise us of any special interests in advance of your travel plans and we will try to research the best information for your adventures. Whether it’s horseback riding in Bandera or a day trip to Austin or the outlet malls in San Marcos, we are happy to provide our guests with local recommendations.
We also offer our list of Top Ten Plus Things to do in SA, plus recommendations on local events, and places to eat. (If you like, you go to the website to get information on these different suggestions: (URL HIDDEN)
1) The Alamo – It is a site that also used to be a mission church and is a famous part of Texas history. It is famous because it is where the Texas battled against Mexico to take over the land here in Texas. During this battle, the Texans lost the war and many heroes died. Then later, Texas came back and won against Mexico and took over the land, which became Texas.
2) Riverwalk & Boat Cruise– walking through the Riverwalk at Christmas is beautiful. Be sure and ride the boat for a tour of the San Antonio on the River
3) San Antonio Zoo, Brackenridge Park, Train Ride & Japanese Sunken Garden – 4th Largest Zoo in U.S. outdoor zoo and park, take a train ride for the children
4) SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas – Large Amusement Parks – shows and adventures for the whole family
5) Market Square – El Mercado – It is an outdoor shopping plaza with restaurants that is full of Mexican culture and shops. It is similar to what you find in Mexico.
6) Driving tour of 4 mission churches & San Fernando Cathedral - It is part of the 6 mission churches that are throughout San Antonio. These 6 mission churches have just been named a “UNESCO World Heritage Site.”
7) La Villita, Arneson River Theatre & Hemisfair Plaza – shops, musical performances at theatre and Hemisfair Plaza, which has been turned into a playground/outdoor area for children and families
8) For fun dining, drinking and dancing places, visit the trendy areas in SA, including the many restaurants and bars on the Riverwalk, the Mercado area (La Margarita, Mi Tierra), the Pearl Brewery (La Gloria, Culinary Institute), and the Southtown area (Azucar, Fresca).
9) Visit the many interesting museums in SA, especially the Doseum Museum (with hands on activities for kids of all ages), McNay Art Museum (with lovely grounds and outdoor pieces), San Antonio Museum of Art (beautiful Cherhully glass exhibit) Blue Star Art Complex (more local urban artists) and Witte Museum (exhibits change) and Botanical Gardens.
10) Photos by Largest cowboy boots in the world at North Star Mall and go through mall
11) Visit Bandera “Cowboy Capitol of The World”. They have horseback riding, seeing a cowboy ranch, seeing a Western cowboy shoot-out and a rodeo. The best day to go there is on SATURDAY.
- -- NO SMOKING INDOORS. Smoking allowed OUTDOORS ONLY.
- -- You are also in a family friendly, residential neighborhood so please be considerate of neighbors and noise levels after 11 pm.
- -- Back entrance has handicap accessible ramp.
- -- Special events are permitted, with host's clearance.
- -- I take pride in providing a clean, well-appointed and comfortable space for our guests. Please enjoy your stay in my home and treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 37 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
A born and raised “native Texan” who has lived all around the country (from NY to LA, from Chicago to Florida) I recently returned home to help take care of my elderly parents. I still enjoy very interesting work as a researcher & consultant in marketing and strategic planning, but also prioritize traveling to see my grandchildren and friends, and pursuing my creative passions as a playwright, actor and improv comedy performer. Call me J.C. or “Abuela” (Granny) but don’t let the name fool you. I strive to remain eternally active, healthy, happy, and youthful, making every effort to “redefine and reinvent gray”. People & places fascinate me -- everyone’s story, journey and home is unique and I love hearing about them.