Ideal for honeymoons or romantic breaks at any time of the year, Shangri-La is a true gem perched high on a bluff, with breath-taking panoramic views of the ocean. Couples can relax in their private cottage retreat—far off-the-beaten track, it’s a place to unwind, as you sit on the deck or take a soak in your hot tub. You can expect a quiet stay, with a cliffside view of the surf, soaring hawks, and migrating whales.
- We encourage guests to maintain the peaceful, quiet atmosphere.
- No more than 2 people can sleep in the cottage.
- PLEASE NOTE: Even though Airbnb states "no charge for extra guests" the cottage is suitable for only one couple.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Given the weather characteristics of the coast, such as wind and dryness, the area is very susceptible to fire. For the safety of our guests THERE IS NO BBQ/Grill at Shangri-La—and the use of any type of open flame apparatus, including, but not limited to charcoal, candles, incense, matches, lighters, and any kind of smoking (all leading causes of fires) are strictly prohibited.
- California’s north coast has limited cell-phone service. However, in the towns of Mendocino and Fort Bragg, you will be able to get normal coverage. For your convenience, Shangri-La has a landline (and Internet as of late Sept. 2017).
- Daily housekeeping service is NOT provided in this vacation cottage, except for stays longer than 3 nights—only upon request--and for an extra fee of $50 (clean towels, bed made, surfaces wiped, and floor cleaned).
- Minimum stay is usually 2 nights, BUT there are minimum-stay restrictions during holiday periods: 3 nights for holidays (Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Christmas, New Year’s) and 4 nights over Thanksgiving. Most Monday nights are “blacked” out—for an easier and thorough maintenance of the cottage—but if you need a Monday to start or end your stay, please contact us, and we will do our best to make it happen. Also, stays longer than 6 nights are possible upon approval.
- Check-in time is from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM, but if you will be arriving later, please let us know so that we can properly check you in to your cottage. Same for early arrivals; if the room is available and ready, then we will do our best to accommodate you. Check out time is at noon.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
It all started in 1998 when my mother-in-law gave me (Geneviève) a book of recipes by Margaret Fox where she explain how she opened Café Beaujolais in Mendocino. I like to cook, and I loved both the recipes and the story. My husband, Jonathan, surprised me with a trip to Mendocino and a fine meal at Café Beaujolais to celebrate my birthday… it was fate. For almost two decades, we’d come back to Mendocino every year—sometimes twice a year, to spend time together and enjoy the magic of the Pacific Ocean.
After living and raising our two daughters in Petaluma we decided to move to the Mendocino area--Albion!
I'm a retired nurse; Jonathan, is a writer. We live about 100 yards from the Shangri-La cottage. I've lived in California for nearly 25 years, but I'm originally from France, and love hosting our two cottages, cooking and baking for guests.