• Country living, 5 peaceful acres on west side of city
• Perfect place for a couple or single to relax & unwind
• Business ready
• Well appointed, tranquil bedroom
• Private bathroom with heated floor
• Full breakfast
• Use kitchen to cook meals
• Do not do the dishes
• Share charming home with easygoing empty-nesters & friendly cat.
• 5 mins to Walmart/shops. 10 mins to UNBC. 15 mins to downtown/hospital.
• Non-smokers only, please.
Accommodates up to 4 as follows:
• Maximum 2 adults
• Maximum 2 children
• Comfortable living room with satellite tv
• Fireplace/wood heat
• Outdoor firepit & hot cocoa with marshmallows
• Laundry service for guests staying 1 - 4 weeks
For Business/Training Travelers:
• Business ready
• WIFI included
• Get your work done in uninterrupted peace and quiet.
• Plenty of room for computer, papers.
• Printer/copier available
• Relax after a long day.
Guests Staying 1-4 Weeks:
• Towels and white linens laundered weekly
• Bedroom swept, dusted and garbage changed
• Bathroom cleaned
• Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
• Leave your personal laundry outside your bedroom door in the baskets provided.
Iron and small ironing board in your room.
• Children 3-8 years old only
• Children's bedroom with toys & books
• Fenced play area
• Toboggan hill & sleds
• Babysitting available
We are working toward becoming a licensed B&B.
We have a website which cannot be posted here.
The French Country Bedroom
Perfect for a couple or single. There are fancy chocolates to tickle the palate, flickering, remote control candles for ambience, local books in the drawer for quiet moments, extra pillows in the cupboard for added comfort, and a very exciting luggage stand... for... luggage.
The Woodland Bedroom
For children age 3 to 8 years old, only. There are toys, stuffies, colouring supplies, books, and a nightlight. The toys are mostly imaginational toys for constructive play rather than name brand toys.
Completely disinfected private bathroom with a heated floor and conveniences. Bathroom is just down the hall from your room.
Full self-serve breakfast is included: Organic, free-range eggs (fried eggs, scrambled, cheese omelettes), cheddar cheese, hash browns, breakfast sausages, several flavours of Greek yogurt, croissants or toast, jam, three types of fruit, milk, juice, fair-trade coffee, several teas, and the best tasting water ever! (From our super clean and natural, very deep, chlorine-free... gluten free haha... well.)
Feel free to bring your own food and use the fully equipped kitchen to make lunch and supper. You will have a cupboard for your food plus a drawer and some space in the fridge. Please help yourself to fruit on the counter, tea, coffee, and midnight snacks which are in the guest cupboard.
Enjoying our breakfast offerings and cooking your meals here are very convenient and cost-effective options for travellers.
Please do not do the dishes. You are our guests. You are either on holidays or on business and either way, you will enjoy your stay much more if you do not have to do dishes! Nod yes! Thank you!
Don't be shy. Just make yourself at home. Lounge on the couches. Watch satellite tv or movies. Use the treadmill if you like. Play the piano. Gaze out the window. Watch the fire burn. Or play with the cat... the laser light red dot is always entertaining!
The 5 acres
In the cooler months, you can sit around the firepit in the evening, drinking hot cocoa (provided) and staring up at all the stars.
Snow? Try tobogganing! Property is quite hilly. We have several sleds for guests to use. So bring your snow pants. :)
You can have as much privacy as you wish or you can visit with us.
Join us in the living room some evenings to chat or watch tv, if you wish. Some nights we just read in our bedroom. Some nights we go out to teach ballroom and social dancing at a dance studio. If you are interested, ask if there will be a dance event in town while you are with us. :) Come join us for an evening dance or maybe a lesson!
• Monday to Friday, my husband gets up for work at 6 am. He leaves at 6:30 am.
• I am a quiet night owl, but in the morning normal noise will not disturb my sleep, so don’t worry about that. :)
2. About the house: We live on the main floor of our home, which is upstairs. The basement suite is rented to a nice young man. The two basement bedrooms are directly below our guest rooms; however, our French Country guest bedroom is over the unused extra room.
(The house has two levels but it is on a hillside. Therefore, the house looks like one level from the north side, which has our entrance, and it looks like two levels from the south side.)
3. Space to park extra vehicles and large vehicles such as moving vans, campers or RVs is available on our property, on our unpaved lane, visible from the living room. Please give us plenty of warning to snowblow that lane in the winter as it is not usually used.
We have very much enjoyed most of our experiences with guests in our new Airbnb. Hosting is fun and I really enjoy meeting people from all over! I like that I feel helpful as I strive to offer people a wonderful experience. Hosting is also more work than one might think. Please help our work stay joyful by following these simple rules. :)
• Please read our entire listing to ensure that there will be no misunderstandings. I cannot stress this enough. Thank you!
• Non-smokers only. Absolutely No Smoking anywhere on the property, inside or outside.
• We are very respectful, warm, welcoming people. Please respect our home in return.
• Please take your shoes off by the front door.
• Please be fairly quiet Sunday to Thursday approx from 10:30 pm until 6:30 am. Friday and Saturday approx from 11:30 pm until 7:30 am.
• Please do not invite people over without asking.
• No drunkenness or heavy drinking.
• No partying or drugs.
• No events.
We love children and we specialize in hosting families. Our BnB is suitable and appropriate for children age 3 to 8 years old, plus non-mobile infants only. Children of any other age must be pre-approved.
• Babies and Toddlers:
Because we love children, we are concerned for their safety. Our BnB is not suitable for mobile children under approximately 36 months old. This rule is due to choking hazards, unlocked cupboards, and the hot fireplace in the winter. Exceptions can be made, but any exceptions must be pre-approved. You know your child best, and your schedule, too.
• Dogs and Other Pets:
Our BnB is not suitable for pets because we have a cat. We have tried hosting people who bring their pet, but it hasn't worked out. Sorry.
If you would like to sit around the firepit on a cool night in fall or winter, please let us know, and Brian will start the fire for you. Only Brian can start the fire, and prepare the safety measures. Guests are not permitted to start fires.
***The fee is based on double occupancy, in that, if two people book together, they are expected to share Bedroom #1- French Country, "Romance of French Country Charm."
***Bedroom #2- Woodland, "Woodland Animals and Fairies" is for children from 3 to 8 years old, only. Maximum 2 children.
*** A Final Thought:
It is very unfortunate that I need to mention this last point, and I have to add that most guests are wonderful people; however, it needs to be said here in the rules that our home is our home that we are sharing. Our home is not a hotel and we are not a company. Being reckless with our belongings, taking advantage of our kindness, coming and going at all hours of the night, and making noise during the nighttime quiet hours are indications that somewhere else would better suit your needs.
Thank you for reading!! :)
Hi! We are Heidi and Brian. We met at dance class! We both enjoy ballroom dancing and other forms of social dancing such as west coast swing. We even went on a West Coast Swing Caribbean Cruise for our honeymoon, with some of the top competitors and teachers in the world.
We like to travel whenever we can. We have enjoyed being Airbnb hosts and meeting people from around the world!
Brian has 5 grown children spread across the country from coast to coast. I wish we could see our 5 grandchildren more often.
It would be so nice to have kids in the house. I'm hoping families will choose to stay with us. We do not have electronics for the kids. We have what we had as kids... fresh air and the wide wild world!