Best months here are now: sunny & warm. Looking for your next great get-away-from-it-all together with your family and friends? How about a beautiful mountain retreat? Fresh air breezes. Cool spring water. Where nature abounds. Dark at night. Quiet and peaceful away from the crowds yet still close to beaches and all the fun. Welcome to Willow Pond Ranch, the equestrian sanctuary estate in the Santa Cruz Mountains where magic can happen for you, too. Search for our website's tour video and more.
Magic Happens in the Majestic Santa Cruz Mountains.
Extensive hardscape, roses, fruit trees, redwoods, and lush mature gardens are accented by a spectacular 40' terraced waterfall and koi pond. With over 2,000 sq. ft. of patio, porch, and decks on which to entertain, like royalty, overlook Love Creek Valley from your custom-crafted newly renovated 4BR/3BA hillside chateau high above. In all directions and from all rooms, like magic the serenity and splendor outside soothes and is felt inside.
Custom crafted chef's kitchen
Astonishing woodland-nestled master suite, “to die for” bath, walk-in closet
Rock-terraced, subtropical, mature gardens with waterfall, and koi pond
Sweeping 360o valley and redwood views from expansive decks and patio
Serene: rural yet not remote
Fresh, cool, ocean air and spring water
Tranquil – above and apart from activities soak in the brand new hydro therapy hot tub
Peaceful - dark, quiet at night
Soothing – nature abounds: quail call, birds chirp, owls hoot, hawks soar, ducks dart, coyote yip
#1 CA / #3 U.S. Best Place to Live - NYTimes
The entire house, deck and patio are available to guests. The horse ranch area is not. And, I maintain my office in the garage.
I am just a phone call away should there be any issue. I have a YouTube video I send before arrival to help guests get acquainted.
Premier among Santa Cruz equestrian estates,
Willow Pond Ranch has 22+ acres with room to grow, 28+ horse stalls, indoor and outdoor arenas, spring-fed year-round creek
Lush gardens both by the house and down below at the ranch adorn the property and help give it the tranquil feeling of the sanctuary it is for people and horses alike
In order to have a safe and as enjoyable as possible visit:
- There is no smoking anywhere on the property. Not at the house. Not down below at the ranch.
- In general, no illegal activities are tolerated. Most importantly, fireworks are banned throughout Santa Cruz county. At Willow Pond because of their high fire danger, they are cause for immediate eviction.
- Please enjoy the ranch activities from above on the deck. Our insurance precludes guests from visiting the ranch unescorted. Private tours can be easily arranged.
- No Glass by the Hot Tub. Minors must be supervised.
- No drones, please.
- Speed limit on ranch: 5 MPH.
- Speed limit on Alfadel Lane: 15 MPH.
- It is imperative all visitors driving to the ranch agree to drive slowly and safely through ranch and along Alfadel Lane for rider, child, horse, and pet safety and good neighbor relations.
- Guest parking is by the house. There is room for 6-8 cars. Carpool if necessary. Ranch parking is for our equestrian clients.
- Quiet Hours after 10:00 PM
- Because we are in a septic system, do not flush anything other than toilet paper. This most importantly applies to any female products.
- Please, Please, Please separate out the recyclables into the blue recycle can below on the driveway. Cans are taken out Tuesdays and return Wednesday.