Overall my family and I enjoyed the stay at Ksenia’s place. Here are some pros and cons about staying at this place.
1) The host was reachable and accommodating. There were no issues with communication. The host tried to accommodate arrival and departure times. That was much appreciated.
2) The pictures provided are true to what is posted on the website. The apartment is close to shops, however quite far from near by beaches. This place would work only if you have a car, otherwise it would be difficult to get to places.
3) The apartment was bright and spacious, equipped with basic kitchenware for everyday use. Note there is no dishwasher.
4) The apartment can accommodate 4 adults and a small child (0-4 years old). However, note that the pull out couches in the living room are quite uncomfortable for sleeping (especially if you have back issues). The bedroom seemed to be fine in terms of comfort. So ideally this is a place for 2 people or a young family of 3 (two adults and a small child).
5) When we visited this place it was quite warm, so we were able to leave the AC at a certain temperature during the day, because otherwise it got quite hot. Note the AC is only available in the living room so the bedroom was hard to control in terms of temperature.
1) The kitchen and bathroom needed some cleaning before hand. A minor detail, but the apartment only had one toilet paper roll (no spares) and almost no dishwasher soap and no sponge. This does not cost much (3 euros or 5 dollars at best, that’s how much it cost us to get it) so maybe the host would consider providing this for future guests especially since it does not cost much. This would have not necessarily been a big deal had my family (4 adults) known about it ahead of time. It was slightly inconvenient when we discovered this upon arrival.
2) Some of the near by apartments seemed to be rentals as well, and it was quite noisy at times. Might be challenging if you have small children or you are a light sleeper.
3) Personally, the biggest issue for me was internet access. The internet provided was worse than dial up (slow to nonexistent and sporadic at best), so staying in touch with emails (send or receive) was nearly impossible. Furthermore the apartment seemed to have a TV cable but it was disconnected from the satellite dish. So if you want to stay in touch with world news, watch a movie or even play music it might be a problem.
Overall I would go back to this place (only with one more person though).