THIS PLACE IS FUN!! Every room in this beautifully crafted 3 story Mediterranean town-home has amazing views! It is just steps away from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and Wharf. Arguably, you're in the best location in Santa Cruz. With an 8 minute walk to downtown, driving is not necessary. This cheerful bedroom is on the first floor, has a private bathroom and views. You will have access to the beautiful open living space and kitchen. You won't want to leave.
This luxury, 3 story, 2,000 square foot, townhome sits above the boardwalk in the desirable Beach Hill neighborhood. It was built to take full advantage of the stunning views. The windows on every floor in the front of the home have unsurpassed views of the ocean, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the wharf. Grab your morning coffee or tea and enjoy the beautiful sunrises over the ocean. The other side of the home has mountain views.
Once you have parked your car there is no need to move it for the remainder of your stay. The beach boardwalk, wharf, and volleyball courts are just steps from your front door. You can also walk to downtown Santa Cruz in less than 10 minutes. (See the "neighborhood" section below for a list of walking destinations.)
The living space on the second level of the home is a bright and sunny open space with a gas fireplace, tiki bar and a balcony overlooking the ocean. There is a 65-inch TV with built in surround sound and Xfinity X1. Throw open the doors and windows to immerse yourself in your surroundings and the activities below. When you are ready for some quiet time the top-of-the-line dual pane windows allow for that too.
The gourmet kitchen is fully equipped for your culinary needs. It has granite counter tops, filtrated water and a convection oven with gas range. There is countertop seating and an adjacent counter height table that can be expanded to seat 8. The kitchen is supplied with coffee, tea, spices and oils for guest use.
A closet next to the kitchen houses the washer, dryer and ironing board.
Your private room is on the first floor. It has a super comfy queen bed with foam mattress topper, walk-in-closet with hangers, and armoire. There is a large window next to the bed with those amazing views of the ocean, boardwalk and wharf. The bathroom has a tiled shower/tub combo, large granite counter top and plenty of towels.
Guests can access the main living space, kitchen, laundry, guest bath and balcony.
I often work from home and have a workspace in the garage. I will be readily available to direct you to the best restaurants, the many local activities and my favorite mountain biking rides.
PARKING - Beach Hill is permit parking only and we offer two permits. One driveway space can sometimes be made available, please check with us in advance.
SECURITY - Cameras are located at both entrances of the home.
KIDS - Due to this home being three stories and not childproofed, please use good judgement in deciding to bring your young children.
NUMBER OF GUESTS - Maximum number of guests for this room rental is two (2).
* We love our home and the opportunity to share it with you. Every effort has been made to create an inviting and comfortable home that we hope you will enjoy. We appreciate your leaving the home in the same condition as you found it.
*GUEST COUNT - The maximum number of guests for this single room rental is two (2). If you show up with more guests or bring in additional guests during your stay you will be asked to leave.
* NOISE - Santa Cruz has a strict noise ordinance. Quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Please do not disturb our neighbors with loud noise or music.
* NO SHOES - Please don't wear shoes in the house. You may leave them inside the entry.
* KITCHEN ETIQUETTE - Leave the kitchen clean and wash all of your dishes. Run the dishwasher if it is full. It is not necessary to empty it if you are ready to hit the road. Breakfast food, coffee, tea, spices, and oil are provided, however please don't help yourself to the other food or beverages.
* NO FOOD ALLOWED IN BEDROOM OR LIVING ROOM - Please do not bring food or drink other than water into the bedroom or sit on the couch to eat. We have a lot of available seating within view of the TV at the kitchen bar, dining table, and tiki bar. There is also seating on the balcony.
*NO SMOKING!!! - No smoking, e-cigarettes, or vaping is permitted on the premises. In consideration of our neighbors and per our homeowners association contract, this includes outside the doorways, windows, on balconies and in the driveway or side yard.
I am founder and CEO of Deft Devise, an industrial and mechanical engineering company. My job allows me to work a majority of the time from home and I maintain a workspace in the garage so will often be available to answer questions and direct you to some of my favorite eating spots and activities. Some of the Santa Cruz activities I participate in are mountain biking, paddle boarding, kite boarding and beach volleyball.