Treat yourself to a get-a-way in this clean waterfront home in Apollo Beach, minutes from the urban and cultural centers of Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL. Relax by the swimming pool, in the hot-tub or on the floating dock in this backyard paradise. Outdoor recreation includes kayaking, fishing and cast netting . Bring your boat and tie up to the floating dock. Indoors are comfortable beds, welcoming chairs & sofa, well appointed kitchen, luxury amenities and an inviting, welcoming atmosphere.
The house is a 2-story with the master bedroom and second bedroom upstairs. The living area, third bedroom, kitchen, dining room, full bathroom and pool bathroom are on the main floor.
There are 5 steps leading to the main living area from the street level (accordingly, this house is not recommended for guests with mobility issues.)
The kitchen is fully equipped with refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, Keurig coffee maker, waffle iron; and a full supply of pots, pans dishes, glassware and utensils.
Guests are welcome to use all features of the home except for the garage, boat-lift, and boat. This includes all indoor electronics, wireless internet, cable TV and appliances, swimming pool, hot tub , kayak, porch swing, hammock, grill, outdoor furniture, fishing gear, pool toys, etc.
We are available for as much interaction as you prefer. Both owners work full-time and can answer any questions that may arise during the rental.
Bring your own power boat or sailboat and tie up to the floating dock at the rear of property during your stay. A private boat ramp ($10.00) is located 100 yards/meters away to launch your boat. Store your trailer in 2 car driveway in front of house. Land's End Marina with a fuel station is nearby. 10 minutes to open water with no bridges.
Things To Do ( Less Than a 15 Minute Walk):
- Waterfront Nature Park.
- Italian / Greek restaurant.
- Marina with high end restaurant.
- Wine making/tasting store.
- Boat Rentals
Things To Do ( Less Than a 20 Minutes Drive):
- Manatee Viewing Center (Nov 15 - April 15)
- Restaurants with a variety of ethnic cuisines.
- Numerous supermarkets and fast food restaurants.
- Ruskin Drive-In Theater (just like the old days.)
- Shopping mall, movie theaters, bowling.
- Little Harbor Resort beach (on Tampa Bay)
Things To Do ( 20 - 45 Minutes Drive):
- Downtown Tampa including: Tampa Riverwalk, Straz Performing Arts Center, Children's Museum & Park, Tampa History & Art Museums, Tampa Convention Center, Amelie Arena (concert and sports), Florida Aquarium, and the University of Tampa.
- Historic Ybor City with night clubs, pubs and theaters.
- Busch Gardens Amusement Park
- Adventure Island Water Park
- Tampa Int'l Airport and cruise ship terminals.
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
- Gambling Casino
- Multiple golf courses and Top Golf elevated driving range with rooftop restaurant.
- Downtown St. Petersburg including: Beach Street shops, high-end restaurants, waterfront parks, Sundial Shopping Center, American Stage Theatre, Palladium Performing Arts Theater.
- Sunken Gardens
- Ellenton Outlet Mall
Things To Do ( 45 - 75+ Minute Drive):
- Gulf of Mexico beaches
- Lego Land
- Dinosaur World
- Tubing at Rainbow River State Park
- Wikki Watchee Springs Water Park
- Walt Disney World Theme Parks
- Universal Studios
- Sea World
* ** SAFETY FIRST ***
Host's insurance company requires guest(s) to sign a liability and waiver release for the use of the kayak, swimming pool, hot tub, and pier/floating dock upon arrival. The waiver release terms a guest must accept are posted below at the bottom of these Houses Rules. Also,
- No glass containers around pool or hot tub. Please use acrylic/plastic cups provided.
- Children are not allowed to use the hot tub or swimming pool without direct adult supervision.
- No walking, standing, sitting, running on pool wall facing dock.
- No diving into swimming pool.
- No swimming in salt water canal due to boat traffic.
- No use of alcoholic beverages in the hot tub; water is recommended for hydration. Expectant mothers should also refrain from using the hot tub.
*** GENERAL RULES ***
- No smoking on the property.
- Boat and boat lift are not included in rental.
- Garage access is not included in rental.
- Minimum age for person booking rental is 25. Guests under 21 are welcome provided they are under parent or guardian supervision.
- Fish cannot be cleaned on the dock or waste discarded in the canal. Cleaned fish cannot be stored in freezer/refrigerator, or anywhere else inside the house.
- House is located in a safe, quiet residential neighborhood. Local noise ordinances in effect 10 pm to 7am weekdays and 11 pm to 8 am Fridays and Saturdays.
- FL state & local sales and tourist taxes, and Air BnB service fee are separate and not included in rental price.
- 2 night minimum rental. Weekly and monthly discounts available.
- House is not child-proofed and is not suitable for younger children. Recommended minimum age for children is 5 years old.
- Owners may access exterior of property and garage during rental.
- The house is designed for a maximum of 8 people, including guests and visitors. There is no charge for extra people as only a maximum of 8 are allowed in the house at any given time.
- Cleaning fee $150 per stay, not included in accommodation price.
- Security Deposit hold of $850 per stay; not included in reservation price.
***** AirBnB Rental Amenities Guest Release and Waiver Terms *****
In order to participate in this AirBnb Rental, your Host’s insurance company require(s) you to accept this Guest Release and Waiver, which is effective between you and your Host(s) as of the date when you first book or participate in a rental, whichever happens first. All terms not defined here have the meaning given them in the Airbnb Terms of Service (https://www.airbnb.com/terms) and/or the Airbnb Experiences Terms of Service (https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/terms-of-service). The actual waiver will be available for all adult guests to sign upon check-in. Essentially, the waiver represents that:
You represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are bringing a minor as a Guest, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the supervision of that minor throughout the duration of your Experience, and have read this Guest Release and Waiver and agree to it on the minor’s behalf. If you are booking an Experience on behalf of other Guests, you will ensure, and you represent and warrant, that each Guest on whose behalf you book has read and agreed to this Guest Release and Waiver, which shall apply to each of them as if the reference to “you” was a reference to him/her.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
You understand and acknowledge that the Rental you sign up for may have hazardous amenities and may carry the risk of injury or illness, including sickness, physical injury, property damage, disability, permanent paralysis, and death. While not all inclusive, the following amenities are of particular note:
- Guest(s) use of the kayak
- Guest(s) use of the hot tub
- Guest(s) use of the swimming pool
- Guest(s) use of the pier/floating dock (No swimming is allowed in the canal.)
Additional legal terms/definitions will be in the hard copy version of the waiver at check-in.
I love to travel, but work keeps getting in my way. So to get around that, I've lived and worked in Sicilia, Italia, Türkiye, Puerto Rico, Deutschland, and England; all of which allowed me extensive travel throughout Europe. Still on my near-term travel list are Ireland, Norway, Chile, and Australia and New Zealand.
I like to travel light, and prefer the natural beauty of where I'm visiting as much, if not more, than man-made sights (except for ancient ruins... those are cool!). One of my favorite quotes is "Wherever you go, there you are." Travel is what you make of it.