My home is a quiet escape after a long day.
This listing is for one of two guest bedrooms in my home. If you need more than one room, you can also book the "Turquoise Room".
Please note, I am a very light sleeper. I need my guests to respect that and keep noise after 9pm to a minimum. Please read the House Rules thoroughly, to ensure that everything will go smoothly during your stay.
My home was just renovated in Spring 2017. The living areas are spacious - it's a 2200SF house with a formal living room, family room, and dining room. The kitchen has a breakfast peninsula. There are new, solid hickory floors throughout the house. There's a patio, and fire pit out back in a wooded lot.
The bedroom is outfitted with a full-sized bed and a writing desk and chair. The bedroom also has a closet with hangers.
The bathroom has a double vanity and drawers that you can use to store your toiletries. Note, this bathroom is shared with other guests.
Please understand that I reserve the right to access all spaces in the house. I will occasionally require access to the bedroom to do housekeeping.
Make yourself at home. The bedroom is your space - please use it with care. All the living areas and bathrooms are shared.
Guests are not permitted access to the garage, work room, linen closet, or master bedroom.
You don't stay cooped up in your bedroom all day when you're at home, do you? Of course not! If you wanted a single room to sit in all day, you'd book a cheap hotel.
I have both a family room and a living room that ready to be used. Who know's... maybe we enjoy the same TV shows or Netflix movies? Or maybe you need to unwind with a long walk with me and Duke (my dog) while you vent about your difficult day at work?
I typically work during weekdays, but enjoy socializing if you want to just chill in the evenings and watch some TV. I cook dinner for myself some evenings, and if you're around, I'm happy to share on occasion.
I go to bed early, so please understand that I'd like movement and noise after 9p to be limited.
With the hardwood floors, noise travels VERY WELL in this house. If you are a night owl (up past 9), please consider that I and other guests might be sleeping (I am a super-light sleeper) and limit footsteps and other noises.
I also have a large (but friendly) dog. He's very well behaved, and won't disrupt your stay. He loves new people and sits around hoping you'll toss him a treat.
Lastly, I have a couple cameras on my property looking at the front yard and the front entryway. They are merely so I can review footage if something were to ever happen in our neighborhood.
I apologize for all these rules, but they're here to ensure that we both enjoy this experience!
1) READ THESE RULES: Failing to read and comply with the rules is grounds for immediate cancellation. If you have questions about a policy, you are expected to bring those my my attention in a timely manner so I have an opportunity to resolve the matter.
2) No tobacco users (smoked, chewed, vapor, or other substances). Tobacco odors on you and your clothing eventually they linger in the house and my guests deserve an odor-free room.
3) No PERFUMES, colognes, or other STRONGLY SCENTED PRODUCTS.
4) Shoes shall be removed at the front door. Socks or slippers only.
5) Quiet hours are from 9pm to 7am. Please consider that I and other guests might be sleeping (I am a *super* light sleeper). Limit noise (phone calls, tv, kitchen use, showering, heavy footsteps, etc.). I'd recommend bringing headphones if you like to watch movies or listen to music late.
6) Thoroughly rinse used dishes and place them in the dishwasher. DO NOT put them back in the cabinets (I'll take care of running the dishwasher).
7) Food is to remain in the Kitchen and Dining Room (and no other rooms). Keep all food in air-tight containers (e.g., ziploc bags) or in the refrigerator. All FOOD-RELATED WASTE should be placed in the kitchen waste bin or in the black receptacle outside.
8) DRESS DECENTLY around the house. (shirt and pants)
9) USE COASTERS on wood surfaces. (Coasters are already sitting on any furniture that needs them.)
10) Adopt GOOD HYGIENE during your stay.
11) Towels are to be hung on the towel racks in the bathroom. (Not kept in your room.) The restrooms have moisture-resistant finishes; the rest of the house does not.
12) Keep the restroom clean, it is shared with other guests. You may use the provided antibacterial wipes to aid in your cleaning. (These are not flushable. Discard in waste bin.)
13) Whomever leaves the house last should LET THE DOG OUT to relieve himself and then CRATE THE DOG before leaving. Doing this will help prevent 'surprises' when you or I get home.
Thank you for taking the time to read these rules thoroughly. Continue reading them, then copy and paste the word between the "*" asterisks "*" in Rule #5. Be sure that's the first thing you send me when you request! This proves that you've read the rules in full. Again - thank you.
14) Do not use my personal address for any services that you might subscribe to or sign up for. Long term tenants can arrange for a P.O. Box if they require mail services. I reserve the right to refuse any deliveries to my address for any reason.
15) Usage of the unit (including INTERNET) must comply with all applicable regulations. Any illicit activities (e.g., transmission of illegal content, drug usage, etc.) will result in immediate and permanent eviction from the premises, with no refund.
16) By booking, you consent to my entry to all spaces in the house. I will not enter Private spaces while they are occupied, but I do regularly access Private Rooms in order to ensure that (1) the property remains in good condition, (2) any needed consumables are re-stocked, and (3) House Rules have not been breached.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 14 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I moved to Newburgh a few months after graduating from USI with a degree in Engineering. My career as a Controls and Automation Engineer has been very exciting, and every few weeks I find myself working on a new, challenging project.
When I have time away from work, my favorite hobby is photography. I run a photography business on the side, doing some event photography and studio portraits now and then.
I also enjoy backpacking in Southern Indiana. There are many great places to hike and camp within a few hours drive.
I take pride in my home and make an effort to keep it clean and orderly for myself and my guests.
My home is an extension of my personality. I'm a techy kind of guy, and you'll see that influence throughout the house - from the WiFi lightbulbs, Chromecast, Apple TV, and the Ecobee thermostat. But I also appreciate the finer things, which is why when I host dinner parties, I grab the cloth napkins and charger plates to go with the fine China.
I should probably give a shoutout to my dog, Duke, as well. He's my best buddy. He's well-behaved and loves people. He's great with kids, too! You can poke him or pet him or pull his tail, and he'll just grin and put up with everything like a champ. (He has no aggression towards people.)
So, anyway - I hope I get to meet some new faces and share some experiences with you!