Welcome to Escada View, a restful refuge located in the peaceful Kembangan neighborhood. Unlike most places you'll find available in Singapore, this one is remarkably serene, away from all the high-rise noisiness of eastern Singapore. (But if you're into that, you can get it fairly easily - we're 13 minutes from the Kembangan MRT. )
Here, you'll get a cosy private room with a bunch of amenities - but the best part is you'll be staying with the awesome likes of ATAS ('cool' in Singlish) people.
The apartment has five rooms:
- The common room. This is the largest area, and includes an area for dining, lounging, and watching TV;
- A kitchen, equipped with a stove, fridge, water boiler, blender, and a bunch of snacks!
- Two bedrooms (I occupy one with my girlfriend)
- A private bathroom (yours)
We love our space. We've tried to do a few things with our condo:
- First and foremost, we've designed it to be a space to just chill out. From the moment you walk in, you'll notice that the living room is like a pit that you can sink into. We've purposely kept furniture like sofas out - most cause back pain - and kept things lower to the earth.
- The space is also modular, so you can adapt it for your purpose. Want to just chill and watch a movie? You can do it. Focus and hunker down on some work. We've got foldable desks and chairs.
- Lastly, we place a strong value on cleanliness and organisation. How could it be liveable if there were dirt, hair, etc. infesting the space? We're NOT super OCD but we do like to maintain a certain standard that everyone can enjoy.
Your bedroom, while small, has everything you need as a traveler:
- Sufficient storage space (with a large wardrobe)
- A comfy, queen-size bed that you can sink into
- A lovely view of the sunset from your window
- Your own private bathroom and shower
You'll also have access to:
- Our kitchen (and snacks)
- A pool
- The common room (with TV/couches/desks/etc.)
We'll around to help you get settled and show you around the space, once we are home. But beyond that, we'll let you do your thing. We're both quite busy with our personal and professional lives, but we'd be happy to sit down with you and grab a drink if you'd like. We love hearing people's stories!
You will be sharing the flat with me and my girlfriend, Jia. We stay in one of the bedrooms and you will have your own bedroom and bathroom.
Wifi can be accessed:
User and password will be provided upon arrival.
* Please clean up after yourself promptly after using a common space - we don’t have a maid here to regularly clean up after us.
* You may use the space - watch TV, chill out, read, snack.
* You may use the utensils, pots, pans and basic condiments (e.g. oil, salt, etc.)
* Please also help yourself to the boiled water and tea bags.
* We kindly ask that you please not eat our food that’s either in the fridge or packaged (or at least ask if you want to try)
* We may use the washing machine for your laundry. Please use the drying rack promptly after your load finishes. It should dry within a day.
* Please do not go in or use it.
* Please put recyclables in the plastic and all other disposables in the trash.
* If no one else is here, please ensure that it’s locked.
* Please return all keys, towels, and any other items that we’ve lent you prior to checking out.
29. Designer. American. Male. Currently based in Singapore. Travel is in my DNA - I'm half Persian and half Latino. When you add those two together, you get someone who loves chilis and wayfaring across South and Southeast Asia.
I grew up moving between Tulsa, Houston, and the UK. My first job was as a shoe salesman. Since then, life, spiritual inquiry, and purpose-driven work has taken me all over the world. Three years of working in Bhutan - the "happiest place" that is complex, beautiful, and all sorts of strange - has cultivated my curiosity for learning more about the world and creating impact.