This private room is available in Anna & Andrew's apartment in the tree lined streets of East Cambridge. Located at the heart of the Wellington-Harrington neighborhood, the area is littered with parks, restaurants and watering holes.
The room is spacious enough for two with a full size bed, desk, and closet. This room is ideal for travelers who do not need many frills, are looking for a simple, comfortable space to lay your head down.
Anna & Andrew are recently married couple looking to share their apartment with travelers coming to Cambridge and Boston! We have two rooms for rent in our apartment, and are looking for curious travelers, researchers/students and anyone else coming to our beautiful city of Cambridge.
This cozy private room provides plenty of space for two guests, with the necessities of a comfortable room without the frills. The room comes with a full size bed and ample bedding for both cold & warm sleepers, nightstand, closet & shelving space, and desk.
We hope to your life more comfortable while you're away from home, so we have provided a television with 90+ channels (as well as an option to access Netflix & Hulu with your private accounts), 6 port USB charger to get your digital life charged up for the next day's adventure and Anna & Andrew's Guidebook including suggestions of places to go and maps of Cambridge & Boston for your use! We do have earplugs available in the bathroom if you need them.
As we all enjoy our private space in our rooms, the hallway, kitchen, bathroom and back porch are considered common areas and will be shared between the two rental room guests and Hosts Anna & Andrew.
- The spacious bathroom comes with all linens (bath towels, face towels and washcloths) and a basket of 'Forgot It?' items for toiletries that slip your mind.
- This giant kitchen is ideal for hanging out, working or enjoying a meal. There is a large island in the middle of the room, perfect for socializing while cooking and eating. There is also a tall table with two stools that I find more ideal for working and reading. Feel free to store food in the fridge and dried goods in the pantry throughout your stay. For those of you with longer stays, there is a washer and dryer available for use as well!
- Last, but certainly not least is the back patio! This area is still a work in progress, but definitely comfortable enough to hang out in already. There are cushions for the homemade pallet benches for nap-approved comfort and a hammock to float above the herbs and veggies we are growing! Tip: Time your day out in order to bask in the sun in the late afternoon!
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: There is currently construction across the street and does cause noise to occur from early in the morning throughout the day. This occurs on weekdays only, construction ceases on weekends. We do have earplugs available in the bathroom if you need them. ***
Each of the two rental rooms are private spaces for the guests (Check out The Wellington Room, a little bigger with a patio!). Shared spaces in the apartment for guests, and Anna & Andrew, include the hallway, large kitchen, bathroom and back patio.
Anna, Andrew and their dog Shea will have a separated private portion of the apartment. This private space is to allow us to have our own area, as well as keep Shea out of everyone's affairs! She is a 55 pound mix breed, who may have a loud bark when you come and go, but is a harmless snuggle bug. Nonetheless, your interactions with her will be little to none unless you so ask!
Anna and Andrew enjoy cooking in the kitchen most mornings and evenings. Bring your food to cook and beverage to drink or just stop by for a chat!
As Anna works weekdays, Andrew will be your primary contact. I work from home, so I'm often in the apartment. For those occasions neither of us is home, we can both always be reached through phone calls and messaging. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible, so please do not be shy to reach out if anything is needed!
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: There is currently construction across the street and does cause noise to occur from early in the morning throughout the day. This occurs on weekdays only, construction ceases on weekends. We do have earplugs available in the bathroom if you need them.***
While we have updated, and modernized many aspects of the apartment, this is an old building (1902!) and this should be noted. It is not loud or obnoxious, however if quiet, footsteps can be heard in hallways and sounds through walls. However I have not had any issues with any family members or guests staying here.
Additionally, this is a shared apartment on the second floor of a multi-floor building. There may be noise (though uncommon) from upper or lower floors that are out of our control. If we know of any potential disruptions, we will be sure to inform our guests!
I also expect someone that will be clean and tidy in the public areas and respectful of your hosts and other guests in the apartment. There is no smoking in the apartment or on the back patio, however there is a park adjacent to the house that is ideal for short walks. I would prefer guests who would not have clothing or materials that smell of cigarette smoke.
- Be respectful of the hosts, upstairs/downstairs neighbors and the neighborhood by having no loud music or noise after 11 pm.
- Please help conserve power by turning off lights, airconditioners and fans while not in the room.
- As the bathroom is shared, we ask guests to be considerate of the length of time while using the room. Additionally for hot water use and water conservation, please take showers of appropriate length.
- Finally, please reuse towels throughout the duration of your stay. If you would like beach/outdoor towels, please let me know!
- Please Eat only at the kitchen island or kitchen table.
- Dispose of trash using the bins in bedroom, bathroom or kitchen (first bin under sink). Recycling is provided in the second bin under the kitchen sink, or in the blue bin the back patio for larger items.
- Please leave the house clean and tidy as you found it. This includes the kitchen in regards to dishes and utensils washed and returned to cupboards, heavy spills wiped/mopped up, trash and recycling put away and personal items removed.
- At the end of your stay leave used towels on the bedroom floor. We will take care of turning over the bed and sheets. If there are any linens that become stained, please let us know immediately so we can wash the items as soon as possible.
- If there are any damages, complaints or concerns that occur during your stay, please call or text message us straight away so that we are able to attend to them as soon as possible.
- Please read and understand the full description of the listing before booking.
- We can't wait to have you, so relax and enjoy your stay!
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 9 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I am a 30 year old photographer based out of Cambridge, MA. I have been living in Boston for over 8 years now but was fortunate enough to live in a variety of countries growing up. I'm a big sports fan (particularly Football/Soccer/Futbol) and take any opportunity to be outside being active and exploring.
My international upbringing has formed me into a curious person always wanting to learn about new people and their lives. This has led to my photography aiming to capture stories and moments that show moments of people's stories. Live in each moment and see what it brings!