Lavender Refuge Room 1 is a private guest room located in the family-friendly Conzelmann Farm estate neighborhood in the charming town of Sherwood. The room overlooks the beautiful Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge with the snowy peak of Mount St. Helens in the far distance. Sherwood is in the heart of Oregon wine country, offering many great opportunities for wine lovers. Close to the Oregon Coast as well as Mt. Hood, offering year-round summer and winter activities for all.
Room 1 is a spacious clean room with a comfortable king-size bed. It has its own private entrance, accessible with a user code. The room has a desk, cable TV, free wifi, and a breakfast bar to get your day started with a Keurig coffee, tea or hot cocoa, a choice of oatmeal, and a variety of bars and fresh fruits. On request we can provide mini fridge and microwave.
Private bedroom and private full bathroom. Private deck with private entrance. There is a shared backyard with patio and fire pit, but since your hosts are not using the backyard often, it feels like a private patio/yard. One parking spot in driveway. NOTE: after you book Room 1, we automatically block out Room 2, so your stay is fully private!
We honor our guest's privacy, but we are available in person or through txt. Our goal is to make you feel comfortable and be a resource for you.
Your hosts will be on sleep mode from 11pm-5:30am
Our local favorites in walking distance are:
* Tree's restaurant
* Crazy Sushi
* Sawatdee Thai restaurant
* La Sen Vietnamese grill
* Poke Makana Hawaiian fusion restaurant
* Regal Movie Theater
*Sherwood Ice arena
* Book wine tasting tours with Vine-to-vine right across the street
A little farther in downtown Sherwood (1 mi):
* Love Bites (bite size cheese cakes) by Carnie Wilson (from the band Wilson & Wilson, and daughter of one of The Beach Boys singers) Opening date: August 26th '17
* Fat Milo's - great breakfast & lunch
* Symposium coffee
* 503 Uncorked - wine bar
* Mason Italian restaurant
Sherwood also offers a lot of local activities and festivals throughout the year like:
* Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge; bird observatory & hiking trails
* seasonal farmer market (downtown Sherwood)
* Lavender Farms in Sherwood and Newberg
* Cruising Sherwood (car show)
* Robin Hood festival
* music & movies in the park (Summer)
* Downtown Holiday celebration (December)
And in and around Sherwood we have a lot of local farms with fresh fruit picking/ Christmas tree farms and Fall festivities throughout the season.
* Beer breweries:
-Two Kilts Brewing Co
*Bigger restaurant chains:
-Old Spaghetti Factory
- Mods Pizza
- Quiet hours in between 11p.m. and 6a.m.
- We appreciate taking shoes off inside
- No smoking or vaping on property
- No use of drugs on property
- Check-in after 3pm
I'm a mom of 5 children, 3 still at home and 2 who have already left the nest. I work part-time as a medication technician in an assisted living facility. My husband Dick (who will be co-hosting with me) and I both grew up in a small town in the Netherlands and we moved to the States 20 years ago when Dick got a job offered. We have been happily married for almost 25 years. In my free time I like to run, bake, read and travel among other things. We are active in our church and community and enjoy hosting and getting to know new people in a fun relaxing environment.
We have 3 listing options available:
* Room 1 (186sf) - King bed sleeps 2 (rooms/)
* Room 2 (350sf) - Queen bed sleeps 2
* Rooms 1 and 2 together - sleeps 4