Castroville, TX abounds with history, and my little house has a little of its own that I would love to share with you! The Medina River is just a 5 minute walk on the back of my 5 acres. You can fish, kayak, or just relax in your private room. Lots to do in Castroville and I can help you plan things to do! The Castroville Regional Park is just a few blocks away with great swimming spots! Book your stay today! For up to 5 additional guests you can also book Meg's on the River the Comic Book room.
There are a total of 2 bedrooms in my home that can accommodate up to 7 Guests (1 full bed, 1 king bed, 1 queen air mattress and a couch), you can book 1 or both if they are both available! See other listings and select Meg's on the River: The Comic Book Room if you would like to book both.
The Harry Potter Room is affectionately named as such because the decor and ambiance takes it's inspiration from the series. The room has 1 double bed, an en-suite restroom with a shower. TV, Netflix and WiFi available in room, a small desk space for business needs, and a wardrobe to hang your clothing. Bedding, bath linens, toiletries, and light snacks provided (you might even stumble upon some Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, just be careful not to get an earwax flavored one!) House elf not included.
You can access the following spaces: If you book both rooms then you will have 1 private restroom and 1 shared restroom (hallway). You may use the kitchen (please store food and drinks in your provided mini fridge, you may get ice and water from the kitchen fridge or store additional food in the outside fridge), laundry room, sunroom, living room (please do not allow children to bang on the piano keys, I don't mind guests using my piano but please be gentle with it)and walk any of the grounds. Please do not feed the horses next door, and please be mindful of my neighbors and their property line (the fence stops midway down the property on the right so my property line goes straigjt following inside the fence line.) When the large barn door from the living room to my bedroom is open you are welcome to sit by the fireplace and grab a book from my library, if it is closed please do not enter. Please do not allow children to use the massage chair, adults welcome to use the chair. When it is closed access is not permitted.
Unless I am out of town (I give instructions on how to enter my home in the event I am not there), I live on the property with my pets (4 dogs and 1 cat), and my boyfriend. We will interact with our guests as much or as little as desired.
- Quiet Hours between 10 pm and 7 am
- Please collect all trash, wash, dry and put away all dishes, leave used beds unmade and used towels in the laundry area.
- This is my primary place of residence so you will likely see me, my 4 dogs, cat and my boyfriend fairly often. My side of the house is just behind the large sliding barn door. When the door is open you are more than welcome to relax by the fireplace and grab a book from the library.
- Please be respectful of other guests. If your party only reserves 1 room, the other room might be occupied by guests as well as the sunroom for additional guests to sleep.
- I have 4 dogs and a cat and will also have some other farm animals in the near future. If you are not an animal lover, are afraid of a little dog hair (we do clean regularly and our dogs receive weekly baths, but the house will never be completely spotless with 4 large dogs) this might not be the best choice for you.
- Because there are animals on property please be mindful of securing all gates and doors when you leave. If an animal gets out please notify me ASAP
-Because my house is in front of a large and deep river and we have 4 friendly but large dogs and our house is not kid proof yet, we prefer not to host families with children younger than 12. However I am willing to bend the rules case by case depending on our guest's comfort level and ours.
-Wifi password is provided at an additional rate of $10 per room and guests must agree not to visit dangerous sites or download music, TV shows, or movies. If you choose not to pay for wifi there is weak to moderate internet through your provider if you have ATT, Sprint or Verizon.
- This is a cozy country home, and we regularly treat for pests, however even with routine treatments we still have spiders, bugs and the occasional mouse (none since we got the cat). If any of these things freak you out you may want to find a place to stay in the city lol.
-No Smoking Inside the House. Smoking allowed out under the large pavilion next to our storage shed. Ash Tray Provided and please do not leave butts on the floor.
NOTE: Because this is a shared space with 4 dogs and a cat, service animals are welcome when we are off property or for 1 night stays only, and guests must keep dog on leash inside the common areas of the house (sun-room, kitchen and living areas) and use the front yard for exercise and for relieving themselves on leash. The reason for this is one of our dogs is in training and was a foster animal we decided to keep and is not always friendly with other dogs (she is used to our dogs and loves them but it took some time and work) and we also are part of the Castroville Foster Program (we do not take in dogs that are aggressive toward people) and would need to separate some of our dogs that are not friendly toward other dogs and we just do not want any of our guests dogs to be in harms way. Thank you for understanding.
Anthony and I love to spend time with our little zoo: Oliver (black lab), Gunner (Golden Doodle), Shiner (Bull mix), Smokey (Bull mix), Puddy (the orange cat that thinks he's a dog), and last but not lease Windy (our mini pot belly piglet). We love to visit parks and take trips to the ranch. My all time favorite vacation destination is London, England! My hobbies include: reading, going to the movies, traveling and spending time with my family and friends.
Our ranch Host Marlene is always ready to welcome guests and will be there to show you around the ranch, so long as she does not need to be out of town!