Nestled on three private pine acres, this 3000+ sq. ft. 4 BR getaway is only 8 miles to downtown. Close to lakes, mountain biking, hiking, and skiing. Spectacular views of Silver Peak and the sunsets. Enjoy a log-burning stove, patios, Wi-Fi and ample parking. Property has both central air and heat. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and outdoor living areas,a basketball hoop, Altitude=7400 ft. Easy winter access as HOA plows the roads after 4" of snow.
Professionally decorated, we provide a fully furnished kitchen with coffeemaker, microwave, blender, refrigerator, range, food processor, toaster, toaster oven, plates, cups, serving ware and plenty of cooking utensils. There are pantry staples such as flour, sugar, spices, coffee,coffee filters and tea to tide you over until you get out for groceries. Also provided is a starting supply of paper towels, toilet paper and laundry detergent. For longer stays, you may need to purchase additional.
Outdoor living Includes a patio set and a patio dining set, + outdoor gas grill for your use.
The 2 full beds/BR have Ensuite bathroom; the two queen bedrooms on main floor share a hall bath; the upstairs loft King BR has ensuite bathroom, It looks down over the formal living area.
Bathrooms are furnished with towels, blow dryers, and basic toiletries. Robes for 8 are provided. Extra linens, comforters, and sheets are available too for longer stays.
Our water comes from a neighborhood well supplied by snowmelt in lake Durango. It is safe and very good to drink
We love to get to know our guests! Please send us your interests and guest ages and we will do our best to make sure you have everything you and your family need to enjoy our mountain home and make your vacation a wonderful, relaxing getaway.
Guests may use all areas of the home with the exception of three owner's closets and garage which are not available for guest use. During July, August and September, we may need access to the garage or to water the gardens. We will notify you 24 hours in advance of our presence.
Our neighborhood is safe :-) We often sleep with the windows open at night to enjoy the night sounds and the cool, fresh, mountain air. We don't leave doors open, though as there are bears and other wildlife.
Please text me At five o five. Three o six. Six five o 3. if you need anything or if something needs attention during your stay. We are usually close by unless we leave on vacation. If you are arriving late, let us know and we can (usually) make a grocery run for you if you send us a basic list. ( cash reimbursement).
1. There is one bluetooth camera looking from the laundry room area outside to the front door/driveway which we use to monitor weather conditions and wildlife. Please do not disturb!
2. IMPORTANT: please do not leave trash outside the house or even near a screen door. This will attract bears. We don't want anyone to have a frightening experience with the creatures with whom we share the woods! Please be sure to place your trash in closed bags and replace locking pins on the trash container (in front of garage). Thank you!
3. Fires are prohibited on the property. (HOA fines apply). NO smoking in the house. Please be sure to fully extinguish any outdoor smoking materials. Thanks!
4. Pets are subject to approval, so please let us know who your furry friends are. As of 7/1/2017 we are charging an extra $35 in cleaning fees as it takes an extra hour to clean furniture, wipe down windows and doors and dog prints to leave the house clean for the next guest. This can be done via damage deposit unless you prefer to leave a check.
5. Power outages: During summer, there can be monsoons and electrical storms which can cause temporary internet, TV and water pressure disruptions from the power surges or outages. Please let us know if you experience any of these immediately so we can take action to remedy the situation. You can reset the router by unplugging it, waiting a couple of minutes and replugging. It should automatically reconnect. We will contact the proper companies if additional help is needed.
6. We charge a refundable damage deposit of $460.
7. Please load dishwasher and clean your dishes prior to departure
1. -PETS Please note, we may charge an additional $35 fee for pets, done through the security deposit. we have found that it usually takes extra cleaning time to remove pet hair, wipe down furniture,prints, and wash doors and windows. If you crate the dog while inside and there is no noticeable pet dirt we will happily not charge this fee. Please clean up after your pets so there is no poo on patios or main walking areas. Please don't try to sneak in a pet without letting us know--it's always obvious. we will automatically charge the extra fee after your stay.
Please let us know who your pets are. With hardwood floors, some large dogs may not be allowed. Please stay with your pets outside so they don’t wander off. These are great woods with lots of interesting animals that dogs love to chase (and go missing..) Please do not allow your pets up on beds or furniture.
2. - Our home is not toddler-proofed: No electrical covers are provided, there may be cleaning products under the kitchen sink, there are unsecured stairs and possibly a hot wood stove/fireplace. The back deck has stairs and areas where the drop is >12".
3- No smoking inside please. Due to fire codes in our wooded area, (HOA) outside campfires are not allowed. Please be sure to extinguish all smoking materials fully. We love our forest!
4. We use a Bluetooth thermostat which you can easily override to your needs. There is both A/C and heat controlled by the thermostat. It is located on the living room wall next to the staircase. In the heat of summer, you may find you will want to keep the west facing curtains drawn. The best way to stay cool is to open windows at night and close everything up by mid morning. We love to enjoy the fresh mountain air by leaving the windows open at night.
5- Please respect neighbors by adhering to exterior quiet by 10 PM.
6. There is a gas grill on the northwest patio. You will need to turn the handle on the gas tank below before starting the grill. Please be sure to turn the gas off at the tank when you are done.
7. Damage Deposit: A (refundable) security deposit will be collected in advance from all renters to pay for any breakage, damage and/or extraordinary cleaning charges. We ask that you respect our home as you would your own. We ask that you load and turn on the dishwasher and have extra dishes cleaned when leaving. Once the cleaning crew has come we refund, usually within 5-7 business days. There may be exceptions if the owner is traveling and unable to review damage in that time period. We will contact you if so. Thank you!
8. Because we have a septic tank, please do not flush any feminine products or baby wipes in the toilets. If we have to call a plumber for a septic emergency caused by feminine products, the guest will have to pay this fee.
9. Please bring in the patio furniture cushions when not in use. Otherwise you and future guests may have cold, wet booties. We often get lots of dew and unexpected mountain showers here both day and night. Patio cushions are under the stair case. We appreciate you returning them to the closet when you are done.