ผู้เข้าพัก 1 คน
My log house is just 3 miles from University of AK and 7 from the airport. It is tucked into birch woods with trails out the door for skiing, snowshoe and summer walks. It's the perfect launch pad for wilderness adventures and re-entry. My place is full of history and stories about Alaska's conservation history, has a desk in every room, library of nature guides and Arctic books especially Arctic Refuge. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
Late August and early Sept. is a great time for migrating birds in Fairbanks and berry picking! Come for the Sandhill Crane festival and nearby Creamer's field waterfowl refuge (Aug 25-29, 2017)! My house is only 15 minutes (7 miles) from the Fairbanks International Airport and 3 miles from the University of Alaska. You can catch a taxi or I can pick you up at the airport for a small fee (cost).
You will have use of the front porch, living room, dining area, kitchen, bathroom and basement with laundry and big space for gear sorting, etc. The first floor is wheelchair accessible but the upstairs bedrooms are not. The basement is wheelchair accessible from the driveway.
I love sharing our great community and the boreal forest. Let me know if you need ideas when planning your trip to Fairbanks - the gateway to the Arctic and the vast Interior in the Yukon River watershed. I can also rent you tents, sleeping bags and other camping or hiking gear, or loan you items you may have forgotten!
In order to comply with Fairbanks North Star Borough rules, 8% bedtax based on room rate will be charged separately upon your arrival.
- If you have 2 in your group see my other listing Log House in Birch Woods I - Large Bedroom (suitable for couple) or if 2 bedrooms are needed
- If it is less than 2 days notice before booking you can contact me to see if its possible
- No smoking of any kind or drugs anywhere on the property
- No pets or fragrances inside due to allergies
- No detergent or any fragrances in washer or dryer - detergent provided
- Dog may be possible with permission (there is a fenced doghouse out back but no dogs in open yard without a leash; no leaving dog on premises when you go away)
- First floor (living room, kitchen, bathroom) and basement are wheel chair accessible but bedrooms are upstairs and are not
- Cell phone service is good; WIFI, but only broadcast TV no cable; This bedroom may not have TV
- 8% Bedtax to Fairbanks Northstar Borough on room rate will be charged upon arrival
- Contact me in advance if you have special requests such as events like pre or post-trip group gatherings etc.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 8 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Arctic policy expert and consultant, birdwatcher, hiker, former wilderness guide and trip logistics organizer, protector of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.