It is quite a special little house located in Mermoz. You won't need to go far to get the basics everything is within 15min walking distance including a little beach. Going to other areas of town is fairly easy from here as it is half way to the North (Almadies, Ngor) & South (Plateau/Downtown) where you will find more restaurants/nightlife/concerts. My area is very calm except for the air planes that pass by from time to time. Great if you are looking for a cosy and central place! :)
Generally speaking my house is quite colorful and unlike the usual ones in this area. It is very safe with two locks on each door (entrance & balcony). However, there is no door separating your space and the entrance door. So, you may see or hear me coming/leaving the house, which I usually do around 8:45am and 6/7/8pm.
You will sleep downstairs on a comfortable 2 person bed/sofa made for this purpose. I have a projector which you can use to watch movies or TV as well as a little reading corner with a selection of books. There is also a small bath room (with hot water!), but pretty basic and a room that I only use for storage and laundry, so forgive me for that room being boring. Under the staircase is a little bar, where you can make yourself a drink, some coffee, or just wash your hands. FYI: There is no day light downstairs, but loads upstairs and it keeps it cool in summer.
In case, you are lucky and I am gone you can go upstairs. There is a big bright (and blue) kitchen and a small balcony which you can use as long as you keep it clean for when I am back. My room and bathroom is upstairs, too, which you may not use, unless you rented the whole place.
- Upstairs when I am not there (except for my room and bathroom), unless you rented the whole house
I am usually quite busy at work depending on that I might be rather stressed not wanting to hang out, but usually I am pretty laid back and ready for a chat.
I have someone helping me to keep my house clean, who comes three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). If that is something that could bother you, please let me know upfront, if not she will "invade" your space.
- Smoking only on the balcony.
- No loud music etc. after midnight.
- A cleaning lady comes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. She can provide you with great local advice (in French) if you want to. However, please do let me know in advance if you wish her to come or not to come during your stay and at what time. She will also be the handing out the keys etc. if I am not around.
- Be aware that basic things such as running water and electricity can be a tricky thing in Senegal at times. This is not up to me to decide, so please think of that. It can also in clude varying levels of water pressure.
- Please, do not use my food unless you ask me beforehand, but that's a common sense thing, I guess. :)
- If I am around during your stay, you are welcome to use my facilities upstairs (kitchen and balcony) once I leave for work/when I am not in the house, but not otherwise.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.