Clean & Cozy private room and bathroom - Great for a solo traveler or exchange student looking for a quiet place to stay.
* NO LOCAL GUESTS *
* No 3rd party reservations *
* Near Subway Lines #2 (green), #5 (purple). Gyeongeui·Jungang and Bundang lines (8~10 min walk, approx. distance within 800 meters) *
* Safe residential neighborhood *
My apartment is new, clean and quiet – I moved in October 2016 and bought all new furniture & appliances. It has a total of 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. (A typical 64㎡ Korean apartment layout)
Our one and only guest will have full PRIVATE use of the guest bedroom (approximate guest room size is 9.6㎡ or 103ft²) and bathroom which is across the hall from the bedroom. Hosts (Jessica & Henry) use the 2 other bedrooms and en-suite bathroom.
The Living Room and Kitchen are SHARED spaces for eating meals or to hang out while having a cup of tea, coffee, beer or wine. There are paperback novels (in English) that you can borrow during your stay - please ask if you need something to read. Please note, we do not have a TV, but we offer access to our high-speed wireless internet.
We are on the top floor and get lots of sunlight and usually a nice breeze. There is a rooftop garden open to apartment residents only (must climb 1 flight of stairs) where you can get fresh air and enjoy the city view. The neighborhood is a quiet residential area with several parks nearby and the apartment complex is a 7~8 min walk away from the nearest subway station.
There is a 24-hour convenience store at the entrance of the apartment complex as well as several mini marts nearby where you can buy basic groceries, sandwiches or pre-packaged/microwavable meals and snacks. A variety of local restaurants and food delivery options are also available - please ask host for assistance or suggestions.
There is a guard at the entrance of the apartment complex (6AM~10PM), and entry to the building requires a separate key-card or pass-code. Please note, there are security cameras in the apartment complex public spaces and a peep-hole camera (which records when there is movement in close proximity to the door) at the entrance of the host's home (facing outwards) which is linked to the home security system.
[In guest bedroom & bathroom (PRIVATE)]
• 1 super single sized bed (110×200cm or 43×79in) - mattress is "firm"
** For long-term guests, bed linen/sheets are changed (by host) every 2~3 weeks or as needed. We also "air" the bed sheets occasionally, during the week when we enter the room to vacuum.
• 1 desk & chair
• Built-in closet & drawers, hangers for clothes provided.
• Safe (in room)
• Hair dryer (in the bathroom)
• Towels (Hand towels & Bath towels), Shampoo & Conditioner, Body Wash, Soap, Toothpaste, Toilet Paper, Q-tips, Kleenex (we provide basic amenities throughout your stay)
• High speed WIFI-internet (but NO TV) - Internet service is primarily for hosts personal use and shared with guest during stay at no additional cost, thus host cannot be held responsible for unsatisfactory internet connection, BUT as the host (Henry) works from home, any such problems are handled very quickly and have been extremely rare.
[ In the shared area (Kitchen) ]
• Electric Kettle & Toaster & Microwave
• Water purifier (for drinking water)
• Refrigerator (guest shelf is assigned)
• Washing machine (detergent/fabric softener will be provided) & Drying racks
• Bowls, plates, cups, utensils (please clean up after use)
• Kitchen Table (bench + chairs)
- Drinking water, coffee, tea, and beverages will be provided to guests. (Selection of teas, coffee, and beverages may vary)
- Meals are not provided, but we have a small self-serve area in the kitchen with cereal (usually corn flakes) and a few snacks (candy, cookies, crackers etc.) available for guests. Also, there are plenty of food delivery options (local food options as well as pizza, fried chicken and fast food - McDonald's delivers in Korea!!!) We are happy to help!
- Kitchen is available to heat up or prepare simple meals. (Please ask host for instructions on how to use the stove, and please always turn on the stove vent hood during use so that food smells do not linger and permeate walls and furniture.)
*** Please note, Host/Co-host may enter the guest room to change bed sheets, open/close windows, or to vacuum floors/under the bed during the day. When entering guest room, we take special care not disturb the guest's personal items.
My co-host Henry is a freelancer (meaning he can work anywhere as long as he has his laptop & internet connection) and my significant other as well as my best friend.
I have a busy, full time job as an interpreter and travel for work extensively. As my co-host, Henry practically lives at my house (especially because Henry's own house is currently undergoing extensive renovations and my coffee is MUCH better) so guests will probably see more of Henry than me.
Henry is available 24/7 to greet new guests, help you get settled and provide assistance. We like to get to know our guest, but also respect your privacy and the need for personal time/space.
During your stay for the sake of convenience, we don't mind guests contacting us for help by phone or IM (Line / Telegram / Whats_App / Ka_ka_o_Talk), but for discussions related to reservation/payment/concerns that directly affect your stay with us, please message us thru Airbnb. Depending on the conversation content exchanged thru IM or phone, we (hosts) may copy/paste/repeate messages on Airbnb again for evidence puposes and recommend guests do the same.
Henry and I are usually quite busy during the week, but like to stay home and relax on weekends. When our guest is available we enjoy a quick chat (over coffee or a beer) to catch up and answer questions or make suggestions about what to eat or where to go. We are always happy to help guests and answer questions about public transportation or make suggestions about nearby places to visit.
We rarely cook ourselves, and tend to rely on take-out or deliveries (But Henry takes pride in his ramyeon cooking skills, in case anyone is interested. LOL!) Please let us know if you need help ordering food or meals during your stay. We are happy to make suggestions/recommendations and help with placing the order (in Korean) for delivery. If you ask in advance, we can plan to order separate dishes under the same order to meet the minimum delivery amount or save on delivery fees.
Please remember that ONLY the registered guest is allowed to enter our home. (Guests cannot bring their own friends/visitors into our home because they are not Airbnb verified.)
* Check-in time : after 2PM / Check-out time: before 12PM (noon)
Flexible depending on reservation status. Please check with host in advance.
(If you are planning to check-in directly after arriving from an international flight, please provide flight information to host in advance so that we can keep track of your arrival time and be ready to assist if necessary.)
1) We do not accept local bookings or local guests. The listing and our hosting style is well suited to host travelers or exchange students (foreigners) visiting Seoul for work or school, and are looking for a home-like environment to stay. Our guest room and bath is perfect for guests who value privacy and quiet time. (Our min/max. stay varies.)
2) Guests who smoke are not welcome because even if you smoke outside, the smell of smoke seeps into the bed and pillow and they may need to be replaced for future guests. Smoking of any kind (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes etc.) as well as illegal substance abuse is strictly prohibited in the house and in the apartment complex. - We live in a quiet residential neighborhood with young families and lots of children. Violation of this rule will result in an immediate cancellation with no refund.
3) Visitors other than yourself (unregistered guests) will NOT be allowed to enter the house during your stay. (Guests cannot bring their own friends/visitors into our home because these individuals are not Airbnb verified for entry into our home.) Also, we do not accept 3rd party reservations. Violation of this rule will result in an immediate cancellation with no refund.
4) In case you lose your house key, there will be a fee of 50,000 won to buy a new replacement key and to reset all other existing keys (for security reasons). - Please inform host immediately if you loose your house key!!! We may ask that this fee be paid in cash directly to the host (because a lost key will result in an Emergency Home Service Visit to do a "factory reset" of the digital door lock & all other keys.)
5) No pets allowed. (But, please inform host in advance of any cat/dog allergies.) *** Although hosts do not have pets at home, we are dog-lovers and have friends and family with pets, so we occasionally dog-sit. (Till now, on average 2~3 times a year for max. 1 week.) Please inform host prior to confirming your reservation if this is unacceptable, so that we can inform our family/friends in advance that we will not be available to dog-sit for the duration of your stay.
6) Kitchen is available only to heat up or prepare simple meals - not for any serious cooking or baking. Please clean up after use, and note that we may not be able to accommodate people with certain food allergies.
7) Washing machine is available for the guest's personal clothing and items from 9AM~9PM to guests who stay more than 1 week (max 2 loads per week). Please ask host for assistance in advance. Detergent & Fabric softener will be provided. We do not have a drying machine - since we use drying racks it is recommended that laundry is done during the daytime (on a sunny day) between 10AM~3PM.
8) As our home is in an "apartment" complex, please wear the indoor slippers we have provided to minimize the noise of footsteps. Quiet time in our apartment complex is from 10PM ~ 7AM.
9) AC & Heating - Please note, Korean homes (apartments) are built differently from western homes and do not have HVAC vents. During June~August, central AC (located in living room) is turned on during the day and evenings when indoor temperature exceeds 27° C (80° F) so the bedroom door may have to be kept ajar for the cold air to reach the room. During summer months, we provide summer bedding and a fan (in the guest room). During November~March, heating (floor heating) is turned on when indoor temperature falls below 21° C (70° F) and winter bedding is provided. (extra blankets available upon request.) We want guests to be comfortable, but please also try to understand that there may be differences compared to your own home/country. Please come to us if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable - we will try our best to accomodate your needs.
* The Guest shall be liable for any damages and/or injury caused by his or her own acts and/or omissions during their stay.
* Violation of the "no additional visitor/guest" rule or reservations made by a 3rd party shall be grounds for immediate cancellation with no refund.
* Host may enter the guest room to change bed sheets, open/close windows, or to vacuum floors/under the bed during the day, when the guest is absent. When entering guest room, we take special care not disturb the guest's personal items.
* Our pricing automatically reflects a "monthly discount" for more than 28 days. (Please refrain from inquiring about additional discounts or cash payments for a better deal. We prefer to handle all reservation & payment related transactions thru the AirBNB site. Thank you!)
* Our minimum stay requirement varies, according to the school year in Korea. If you would like to inquire about a potential stay which does not meet the current minimum stay condition, feel free to send us an inquiry based on dates that are the closest to your reservation plan and ask if the minimum stay requirement can be adjusted to accommodate your actual travel schedule. We are more flexible and like to accept short-term guests during summer/winter vacation periods; Jul~Aug and Jan~Feb.
1. Please be respectful of all household items, furniture, appliances, electronics and personal belongings in the house. The guest shall be liable for any damages and/or injury caused to the home or to the hosts by his or her own acts and/or omissions during their stay.
2. Only the registered guest is allowed to enter the house. No refund shall be issued if the reservation is cancelled due to violation of this rule. We only accept reservations if the profile picture clearly shows the guest's face. If the profile picture does not match the guest, we may ask to see ID upon check in. We ask that guests provide their full (first & last) name to host upon reservation, and if you are a long-term guest, we will ask that you provide emergency contact information and information about allergies or sensitivities (if any) after check-in.
3. 3rd party reservations are NOT accepted. - The Host shall assume no responsibility for inconvenience and no refund shall be issued if the reservation is cancelled due to violation of this rule.
4. We have a digital door lock system. If you lose your house key, a fee of 50,000 won must be paid to do a factory reset and to buy a new set of keys. (due to security reasons)
5. Host may need to enter guest room to change bed sheets, open/close windows, vacuum floor/under bed during the day (when guest is absent). Please note, we take special care not to disturb the guest's personal items.
6. If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let hosts know in advance. It is the guest's responsibility to inform hosts of potential health concerns or special considerations, if any. - Please note, hosts may not be able to accommodate people with certain allergies.
7. Please exercise common sense during your stay. In case of questions or concerns, communicate with the hosts so we can discuss and try to assist. As your hosts, we will try to be helpful and flexible to accommodate any unforeseen needs within reason.
It is the "guest's responsibility" to read the listing description & details carefully, and to ask for clarification in case of any concerns BEFORE you confirm and pay for your booking. The host shall assume that the guest understands and agrees to ALL house rules and conditions explained in the listing details/description upon reservation. We do our best to ensure information provided by host is as accurate as possible, but ask that you make your own decision using all sources of information available to you. Also, please make sure you read and understand the terms & conditions of Airbnb's "strict" cancellation policy or "long-term" cancellation policy which shall be applied to your reservation. If the host is unable to provide services or amenities due to circumstances beyond the host's control such as but not limited to governmental acts, general availability of the Internet or electricity, communications failure, natural disasters or local emergency, the hosts shall not be liable for this.