Are you looking for a peaceful place to unwind after a day of exploration while chatting about life and travel? Look no further! We're excited to meet you too! :) We’re located less than 13 miles from Magnolia Market at the Silos and Baylor University. We'd be delighted to give recommendations or join you for dinner or a hike - experience Waco like a true Wacoan. (FYI: It is encouraged that you are comfortable with large dogs, as we have three Labradors that are also ready to welcome you.)
Our guest room offers a cozy full-size bed with 400 thread count cotton sheets and quilt bedspread. The guest bathroom is located directly across the hallway and will be yours only during your stay. Enjoy a warm towel following your shower or bath after using our homemade soap. We strongly believe in reducing distractions and living in the moment. We invite you to join us in the mornings for conversation and breakfast at the table. Breakfast can vary from eggs/sausage/toast to oatmeal with fresh fruit to casseroles to blueberry muffins. Coffee and tea will always be available. Our large backyard is waiting for you to enjoy a quiet evening at the fire pit or an invigorating swim. Wifi available. Please note there is no TV in your room.
The kitchen, living and laundry rooms are open to guests. Please respect our privacy as the master bedroom and office area are not accessible to guests.
We live on property (in the house) in a quiet, family oriented neighborhood. We ask that you respect quiet hours from 9pm to 5am. You can expect to be met at the front door by either Shane or me and we'll show you around.
We are dog-friendly but ask that your dog is house-trained, friendly with other (large) dogs, up-to-date on vaccinations, and stays off of the furniture.
Unfortunately, we are not cat-friendly as I am highly allergic.
- No shoes on the carpet (trying to keep the carpet nice). :)
- Please respect quiet hours from 9pm to 5am, Sunday night to Friday morning. Weekends lenient, please be respectful of quiet neighborhood.
- Please be sure to turn off all lights in room/bathroom before leaving the house.
- Absolutely no smoking inside house. May smoke outside, must discard butts in trash.
- Absolutely no drug use on property.
- Alcohol consumption ok if done responsibly and of legal age limit.
- If using kitchen, please place used dishes in dish washer. Plastic to be placed on top drawer only.
- Pots/pans, wooden utensils, and stoneware to be HAND WASHED only.
- Firearms ok with valid state handgun license. Must disclose possession of firearm prior to stay. Shooting on property is prohibited.
- Check-in time to be extended to 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
“You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” ― Charlie "Tremendous" Jones
We're on the never-ending road of self-discovery. In the next few years we plan on converting a school bus into a home and travel the United States. Until then, we're taking this opportunity to meet people. We're excited to welcome you into our home.