Be one of the first to enjoy my newly renovated home, located in San Diego's most unique urban neighborhood - Normal Heights. The home is just a few blocks away from all that trendy Normal Heights and North Park have to offer - shops, bars, restaurants, and more! Enjoy the privacy of having the entire property to yourself. Whether you're in San Diego to surf, hike, meditate, study, party, or explore, my little bungalow could be the perfect place to call home!
This 2-bedroom Spanish hacienda-style home has endless amounts of curb appeal and is accompanied by timeless hardwood floors, coved ceilings, custom built-ins, a warming, oversized fireplace, modern kitchen, breakfast bar, and comes with driveway parking!
Guests will have full access to the entire home for the duration of the stay as well as the back deck.
Guest interaction throughout the stay will be limited. I like to respect your privacy, but live in the area should any issues arise. Check-in and entry procedures will be messaged after booking, the day prior to your arrival.
San Diego, especially the Normal Heights and North Park neighborhoods, is extremely welcoming and safe. Regardless of your age, race, religion, nationality, immigration status, sexual orientation, or preferred gender pronoun, I am happy to welcome you to Southern California, and I hope that you'll feel right at home throughout your stay.
PLEASE READ THESE! :) Check-in procedures will be messaged to you the day prior to your arrival. Check-out procedures are detailed on the laminated welcome-sheet which you will find in the house.
- This agreement is between you, the named person in email correspondence, and the owner, Schafer Newman, for the property for the dates specified. By clicking OK and making payment you agree to these terms.
- 1. SMOKING and PETS are NOT allowed. Smoking in the house or any pets on the premises may incur an additional fee.
- 2. PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INJURY: The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. Any person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Renters and Guests' personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by the Owners against loss or damage due to negligent acts of others or any other cause. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. The Owners are not responsible for any damage to personal articles washed in the supplied washer or dryer.
- 3. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: Guests will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee for any of the following: Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation. That is, people other than those listed in the Guest party made at the time of rental request may not stay overnight in the property. Using the premises for any illegal activity, but not limited to the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age. Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. Any other acts which interferes with the neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
- 4. NOISE: Please respect our wonderful neighbors by keeping the volume reasonable. Minimize outdoor noise or large groups outside the house after 9:00 PM. Quiet hours are 10 pm – 8 am.
- 5. Report any damage to the Owners immediately. Use furniture and appliances for their intended uses only.
- 6. PLUMBING: Please do not flush anything other than toilet tissue in the toilet. No paper towels, feminine products or baby products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that improper materials have been flushed and clog the system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
- 7. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as fully furnished, including linens, blankets, pillows, towels, furnishings and furniture. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
- 8. PARKING: The property includes driveway parking for one vehicle. Additional street parking is easily available, but please be mindful of the parking signs, which note a few restricted hours on Monday morning for street cleaning.
- 9. CLEANING: YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property, including the furniture, in the same general condition as when you first occupied it. Additional cleaning requirements are specified in the check-out procedures, and are necessary to ensure a clean stay for the next guests. :)
Hi! My name's Schafer, and I'm a Naval Officer stationed here in sunny San Diego, living the SoCal dream. If you're staying at my place in San Diego you're likely to see art and artifacts collected from all over the world on my deployments. Be sure to check out the guidebook for all of my favorite spots. As a guest, you'll probably meet me traveling the world with my boyfriend, my friends, and my Golden Retriever - Scotty!