Blue Gum House has the feel of a cottage, with its solar passive design, it is cool during summer, warm in winter. It offers 3 bedrooms, king bed, double bed and bunk bed. One en suite bathroom with a double in ground spa, well equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, laundry combined with toilet and shower. Pay TV, 37 inch and video/DVD player, books and games. There is a paved area with a BBQ. Blue Mountains can be enjoyed by everyone whether you are a couple, a family or a group of friends.
Blue Gum House living room and dining room is looking onto a garden with many trees. You can relax by the slow combustion fire place during the winter and have wonderful meals by the BBQ on the paved area, listening to bird songs during the spring, summer and autumn. Whatever the season is, you can laze around in the spa after long walks in the Blue Mountains! There is a lawn area at the back of the garden where children can play! Blue Gum House has portable baby cot, baby chair, iron, iron table, hair dryer, plus much more. All the linen is provided including tea towel and wood for the slow combustion fire place to the price, Tea, coffee, sugar sachets, salt, pepper, shampoo, shower gel, hand wash liquid are provided too. There are additional electrical heaters.
Some guest comments:
1-We had a wonderful time at Blue Gum House. The house was lovely, very cosy and much bigger than we expected. The kids really enjoyed themselves and made themselves feel right at home. They loved the upstairs area and they made it as a no adult zone. Mum and dad were thankful for the peace and quiet of the main bedroom and my sister and I thought we were big kids again sleeping in the bunk beds.
2-I must say I have a great time with my family staying at Blue Gum House. What a beautiful cottage and arrangement suits the family needs. It has great scenery next to the national park and very close to the stunning view of Govett's Leap and Evan's Look Out. We enjoyed ourselves a lot. I wished I had stayed there longer. I would certainly recommend to my friends and make a second trip back next year.
3-We loved staying at Blue Gum House. You have done it up wonderfully to create a lovely, relaxed retreat. Everything was so clean and fresh! And the bed were so comfortable and immaculately clean too. Thank you very much for a wonderful stay. We hope we can come again soon.
Blue Gum House is situated within walking distance to Govett's Leap Look Out where there is the start to some wonderful walks in the Blue Mountains. There are as well very special paths accessible to push chairs and wheel chairs. The Blue Mountains can be enjoyed by everyone. Blue Gum House is situated close to Blackheath village where you can find everything: groceries, bakeries, vegetables, delicatessen, newsagency and bottle shops; an interesting antique shop, a few art galleries; pubs with open fire places, great during the winter, restaurants, cafes. There are two wonderful parks, one of them has an open-air public swimming pool, wonderful during the summer; an excellent children's play ground and a pond with many ducks... In the park, you can have romantic picnic. Blackheath is still tucked away from tourists, you can enjoy a very secluded Mountains life. It is so peaceful and restful. You will enjoy Blue Gum House and Blackheath whether you come to stay a weekend or longer, there is so much to do.
All the above.
On mobile phone only for emergency (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Please, for the safety of yourself and the children, guests must agree to the following:
• Baby chair and portable baby cot, it is PARENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE IT IS INSTALLED PROPERLY.
• Barbecue: If you are not sure how to operate the barbecue, please read the manual which is placed in the cupboard opposite to the fire combustion. PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT CHILDREN ARE NOT AROUND THE BBQ, ALONE WHEN IN USE.
• Balustrade: Please, do not lean, seat or climb on/over any of the balustrade, whether inside or outside. IT IS ACTUALLY FOR YOUR SAFETY.
• Cleaning agent/bin liner, knives and scissors: IT IS PARENT'S RESPONSIBILTY TO SUPERVISE THEIR CHILDREN OR TAKE STEPS TO PLACE THOSE ITEMS ON THE KITCHEN WINDOW SEAL.
Electrical sockets: All electrical have been fitted with plug. IT IS PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE PLUGS ARE INSTALLED ON EACH SOCKET. There are spare ones in the kitchen cupboard.
• Garden: THE CHILDREN NEEDS TO BE SUPERVISE BY ADULT AS ALL THE GARDENs COMMUNICATE TO EACH OTHER AND THEY MAY BE PONDS, SNAKES, SPIDERS or others hazards.
• Slow Combustion Fire: The manual is in the cupboard of the kitchen unit opposite to the sofa. Please, read it if you are not sure how to use it. Ensure the wood poker is not left on the top of the combustion fire as it gets quite hot. IT IS THE PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE CHILDREN DO NOT TOUCH THE FIRE PLACE WHEN IN USE.
• Spa: IT IS THE PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE CHILDREN ARE SUPERVISE BY AN ADULT WHILE THE CHILDREN USE IT. The water must be emptied once finish to use it.
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
I am a responsible owner who care about Blue Gum House. I threat everyone with respect. Please, note I have joined Airbnb on 24/1/2017. I am unable to correct the date and unable to contact Airbnb.