This 7,000 Sq Ft unique historic estate built in 1859 (before the civil war) is a gem w/breathtaking open skies and sounds of nature. It sits quietly on a 5-acre hill in Harriman, NY (only 39 miles from NYC). Near Woodbury Commons, West Point, Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain. Enjoy the use of the rest of our farmhouse. Near Ice Skating, Skiing, hiking, shopping, antiquing, etc.
Inside our farmhouse mansion, you will enjoy old and new.
• Two large flat screen HD TV's with cable, HBO, Showtime, Encore and Sports channels. Hi-Speed Internet and Wifi throughout the house.
• Our home is fully stocked with cookware, utensils, linens, towels, our personal spices & condiments for your use though you are certainly welcome to bring you own. Please do not throw out our condiments.
• Lots of outside decks. There are 2 propane gas grills for you to use.
• Three fireplaces including Vermont Soap Stone Woodburning Stove and an additional pellet stove in winter for ambiance and extra warmth. Two fire pits; one is a more organic campfire with stones and the other is a portable fire pit.
• All-year-round hot tub!
• There are 4 fire extinguishers in the house, a first aid kit on the first floor and a buoy at the pool.
Follow us on FaceBk and (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN): @orchardhillestate
You can also check us (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Your private room and bathroom plus use of all the common areas in the house and grounds.
As much or as little interaction as needed. We are friendly folks but respect your privacy.
Lots of things to do... just let us know your interests and we can provide you with all kinds of information.
No smoking inside of home.
Events and parties are subject to a separate fee.
We are a team of 3: mother, father, daughter.
Abbe (the Queen Bee) is in charge of handling all bookings, inquiries and guest relations. She is the ultimate host and your go-to person! When not running AirBnB, Abbe can be found knitting.
Shana (the Worker Bee) is a Ph.D. candidate at Penn State studying Nutritional Neuroscience. She is responsible for all social media, promotion, and website development. She also helps the Queen Bee when in need. In her free time, Shana likes to travel and enjoys finding new vegan restaurants and treats.
When something needs to be fixed, Jeff (the Busy Bee) is the guy to call. He is responsible for all upkeep on the property and making sure that every guest is satisfied. Not only does he clean up all messes, he holds down the fort when things get rough between the Queen and Worker bee. Jeff is our behind the scenes person. However, in his free time, he enjoys being out on the stage and can be found acting in local musicals.
We purchased Orchard Hill Estate, formerly known as the Gladstone Estate, in 1998. The house was built in 1859 and was kept in the family until we moved in. We hope to hold the same tradition and to have our grandchildren live here when the time comes. Abbe is hoping for grandchildren sooner rather than later, but the eldest child, Shana, says she will just have to keep waiting! Since all of the children are now grown, we get great joy in sharing their home with others. For the past year, we have worked together as a team to make sure your stay at Orchard Hill Estate is memorable.