Nestled in the heart of the South Bruce Peninsula this gracious heritage home is situated on 1 acre of lawns and gardens with use of 150' of crystal clear waters on the shoreline of Colpoy's Bay, the western side of Georgian Bay. Located 3 hours NW of Toronto International Airport, the Bruce Peninsula is bordered by Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, offering 850 km of beautiful shoreline to discover. The Niagara Escarpment (a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve) offers an impressive locale to explore!
This 1450 square foot gracious historic home is surrounded by 1 acre of lawns and gardens with adjacent use of 150 feet of shoreline on Colpoy's Bay/Georgian Bay's crystal clear water.
This turn of the century 3-bedroom house has an eat-in kitchen, open living room and dining room areas; it features a hot tub,cedar decking, and a large wrap-a-round pillared porch providing panoramic vistas of the Niagara Escarpment, the water and islands of beautiful Georgian Bay. It has a large grassy front lawn and a broad open backyard looking back on the Escarpment. The screened-in waterfront gazebo offers a tranquil location for taking in the view while enjoying a glass of wine, the stars and the milky way!
Main Floor : The centrepiece of the living room is a large brick, airtight wood-burning fireplace with two couches that provide comfortable viewing of it and, and DVD movies on the TV. Wifi is also provided for your use. Adjacent to the living room is the dining area with a large window providing breathtaking views of Colpoy's Bay over the front lawns. The dining room sits 6 people comfortably. Separate from the living room is a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and plenty of cupboards and counter space. Also there is a breakfast bar area with 2 stools.
Outside Surroundings: The open wrap-around porch offers multiple vistas with the Niagara escarpment to the rear and the blue waters of Georgian Bay to the front. A waterside screened-in gazebo provides comfort for evening enjoyment and sits on a cedar deck complete with adirondack chairs. A perfect spot from which to dip your toes in the crystal clear waters of the bay, enjoy a glass of wine or take in a beautiful evening sunset. The hot tub at night also offers a spectacular view of the stars!
PROXIMITY TO POINTS OF INTEREST:
• Boat/Kayak Rentals : Suntrail Outfitters (Hepworth) 17 km
• Bruce Trail: 1 km
• Conservation Areas: Bruce Caves 3 km, Skinners Bluff Lookout 8 km
• Cross-Country Skiing: Sauble Trails 25 km, Sawmill Trails 13 km, Colpoys Trail 10 km, Rankin Trails 25 km
• Fine Dining: Wiarton 5 km, Owen Sound 33 km
• Fishing: Chanty Chinook Classic Salmon Derby Port Elgin 52 km, Fly-fishing Saugeen River 51 km, Trout & Salmon Lake Huron, Downrigging in Colpoy’s Bay 10 km
• Golf Course: Wiarton 5 km, Cobble Beach Golf Course 20 km
• Horse Back Riding: Purple Valley 16 km
• Hospital: Wiarton: 5 km
• Mountain Bike Trails: Bruce Peninsula Mountain Bike Adventure Park 15 km
• National Park: Tobermory 76 km, Bruce Peninsula National Park (Grotto is located here) 65 km
• Owen Sound: Shopping malls 33km
• Sand Beach: Wiarton 5 km, Sauble Beach (2nd longest freshwater beach in the world) 25 km
• Snowmobiling: District 9 Club Trails 3 km
• Snowshoeing: The Grotto 65 km, Lindsay Tract 55 km
- During the peak season (June 25 - September 16) weekly (Sunday-Sunday) rentals only.
No more than 6 people allowed due to septic system. Dogs considered; no cats allowed. Check-in 4:00 PM & Check-out 11:00 AM
- Our historic home is suitable for family vacations.
- Rental Rules: (1) Smoking is NOT allowed. (2) Renters are responsible for the provision of bed linens and towels (unless the extra $30 is paid). (3) People other than those in the specified guest party may not stay overnight at the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. (4) The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. (5) Please ensure that the property and all furnishings are kept in good order. (6) Only use appliances for their intended uses (7) DOGS are permitted only with prior approval. No cats allowed. Pet fee is $25. (8) Hot Tub: No children under the age of 6 are permitted in the hot tub without adult supervision. PLEASE DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. When not using the hot tub, please leave the cover on so it will stay warm. Always shower first please to reduce the likelihood of contaminating the hot tub water & minimize health risks. ( 9) Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.