A special place only the most privileged may enjoy - in home with top rated Airbnb rooms hosting guests since 2011. Walking distance to downtown shops - 1-2 blocks from Whole Foods, Peet's coffee, dry cleaners, hair dresser, cobbler; Town & Country Village, Palo Alto Railway station and Stanford Shuttle 10 minutes walk. Downtown Palo Alto shopping and restaurants 15 minutes walk, Stanford shopping Center 25 minutes walk. Bicycles available for borrowing, bring own bike lock
Gracious home with music room library/tv room
Kitchen upstairs and downstairs
Fridge upstairs and downstairs
Microwave- upstairs and downstairs
2 full bathrooms - one with bath tub one with walk in shower shared by 5 rooms
Greeting and welcome orientation
Sharing the upstairs Kitchen
Garden has two ponds and goldfish - lovely place to sit and enjoy the sound of water and birds
- Respect fellow guests and others in our home
- We remove our shoes in the house
- You may use the kitchen - please leave it as you found it- you may put dirty dishes in the dishwasher
- No smoking in or outside the house
- Enjoy the calm the art the music and the sense of possibility
- Housekeepers come every weekday between 2-3 pm
- Sheets and towels are changed every Monday for guests staying more than a week - you leave your room door slightly open to let them know it's ok to come in to clean the room and change the linens
- Check out time is noon- please leave the keys on the room door - there is no need to check out with the host
- Check in time is 3 pm or after but before 11 pm unless by verbal arrangements or confirmation email from host
- Quiet hours are 11 pm to 8 am
I have lived and worked in Asia, Europe, Australia. We are alumni of MIT, Stanford and Australian National University, and affiliated with the National University of Singapore. My husband Ross and I regularly travel to Asia and Australasia, and appreciate the joy of travel, and understand the needs of travelers - so we make your stay as enjoyable and trouble-free as possible.
We extend an especially warm welcome to international visiting scholars, interns and the families of Stanford University students, faculty and staff. Our well-equipped kitchen is ready for joyful meals, and on special occasions we get together with our guests and have a potluck dinner.
Music is a big part of our lives, and our living room is our music room hosting a collection of musical instruments from around the world. Mei Lin likes classical music Bach & Broadway and plays the piano - , Ross likes Jazz Miles & Mozart, and plays the clarinet.
We enjoy walking, biking, swimming, cross country skiing and gardening.
As hosts we are "no fuss" and want you to feel like you are visiting friends who don't mind if you come and go at any time, We are also good for tips on the area - what to see, where to eat. And we're happy to have a conversation with if you feel like it, or just as happy to let you come and go as you please.