This basement 1 bedroom is in a vintage building on a quiet neighborhood street just a half block from public transit that takes you straight downtown. Michigan Avenue shopping is ~30 min & Navy Pier ~45 min on the bus or take a 15-20 minute car/Uber ride! We have tv with a Roku & a loaded Nintendo Wii to enjoy when you want to relax in the evenings. If you want to spend your money on enjoying Chicago rather than sleeping in it, we're a perfect option! You'll love the free street parking, too!
A cozy, private, locked 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit that's and offers a micro kitchenette (fridge, microwave, coffeepot only) and small living room as well as coin washer and coin dryer on site. Each laundry machine takes 4 quarters per load; please have exact change if you need to use them.
Please note that although this is a private space for our guests, we do live on site with pets. Because we are not a hotel there will be sights and some sounds of family living in this vintage, 100+ year old building...including chalk on the porch and sometimes toys in the yard. Also we do share a common area entrance with our guests on the front porch, but guests have a private keyed entry to their own unit on a different floor from our family. Guests may end up interacting with our friendly 24-lb dog in public areas if he is outside at the same time or when guests are entering/exiting the premises, or guests may see a cat sitting in the windows. Our pets are never permitted in the guest areas.
Private entry, full bathroom, living room, coin laundry, Internet, tv, backyard space.
When in the backyard please do not touch the backyard chickens or open their coop or run, unless one of the hosts accompanies you for this experience.
We love interacting with guests, and are happy to give sightseeing advice or transit tips to our out of town guests. In the summer, we often grill dinner or enjoy a backyard campfire on weekends. Guests are welcome to join us if they're around.
We can also provide recommendations for sightseeing, transit, and dining whenever desired or requested.
We are a quiet neighborhood with only a few local restaurants. 1 is 1/2 block walking distance, and serves quick bites like fried chicken and sandwiches. There's also a cash only pizza place a couple blocks away. If those aren't your style, GrubHub and UberEats deliver from a bunch of places. We can also offer many recommendations for driving or ridesharing to nearby locales we enjoy ourselves, and have a binder in the unit with several diverse dining recommendations as well as local grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Quiet Hours after 9pm
- No smoking or open flames of any kind on the property. This includes no candles, no incense, no e-cigs/vaping, no smoking any substances.
- Whenever using a common area, please leave it ready for the next person's use
- Turn off room lights, fans, etc when not in use to save energy
- Please always check the door after entering and exiting, confirming that you have your key in hand and the doors are locked.
- No unauthorized guests or overnight visitors.
- Check-in time is 3PM - 10PM. Checkout time is 12pm noon.
- No shoes indoors please, so the carpet stays cleaner for you and future guests.
- No illegal activity anywhere on the property, including downloads.
- If you break or damage something, please notify us immediately so we can remedy it.
- Do not leave out food or snacks that would attract pests.
- Do not move the furniture from where you found it on arrival.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 42 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I'm passionate about travel, being a global citizen, and doing the right thing. I love Thai and Mexican food, but enjoy tasting foods from every culture. My best trips to date were Asia (Cambodia, Thailand, and China) and Ecuador/The Galapagos. I travel low key and carry-on only, with my husband and young son. We love meeting new people, and live life to its fullest as a family unit. I've enjoyed being a guest with AirBnB and look forward to having great experiences as a host, too.