This home has incredible views of the mountains and canyons from the full wall of glass windows that overlooks the terrace, outdoor dining and lower pool deck. From the kitchen, there are "peak" ocean views that allow the sunset colors to paint the walls of the home in dramatic oranges and blues (when the sun cooperates). Convenient to all the beaches of La Jolla, the sites of San Diego (local freeway access is a breeze), and close to grocery shopping, UCSD, Scripps, etc., this is the place!
This midcentury home has all you can hope for in a family or corporate gathering space. The kitchen, living room and dining are one large open "loft like space" with fantastic opportunities to socialize and gather together. Every single bedroom has its own full bathroom, so there's no need to share, and the privacy is that of a hotel room, with the charm and decor of a real home. The home has undergone extensive upgrades over several years and continues to improve all the time with new features and new remodels/facelifts, as the owner finds the time between guests. Though this is a new listing here, the property has proven itself through other venues with fantastic reviews and repeat guests who return year after year. The owner is friendly, available, and trustworthy. I am helping to manage the rental and the "host" for this property, and together, our aim is guest approval, guest happiness and bringing you a memory making location you are excited to return to and tell your family and friends about.
Some things to note: The pool is not heated and cannot be. There is a hot tub that can be used, but there are some restrictions and some rules about its care, and it is not offered as a "guaranteed amentiy" because it is sometimes temperamental in its water chemistry when not cared for by guests. So, it is there, and I can allow usage upon request. It is not advertised officially as an "amenity" since I cannot guarantee full time usage if something happens. The property does not have air conditioning, but after four years of rentals and owners living in the space, this has never proven a problem. It is situated on a hill near the coast and enjoys easy and comfortable indoor temperatures for a majority of the year. There is a "whole house fan" that can be operated to cool things off on warmer days. (**There is an attached apartment below that is often occupied by the owner or other guests. (Complete privacy requires rental of the entire property and is possible. Please ask if that's what you need.) **Daytime only rentals are possible for our corporate clients looking for meeting space. The rate is a slight reduction, and the cleaning fee is reduced in those circumstances (meaning if the bedrooms and baths are not needed for overnight accommodations).
Guests have access to the entire upstairs residence, minus the apartment below the home, including: outdoor terrace, outdoor dining areas, fire pit, BBQ area, gated driveway/parking, upper lawn. The garages and some small storage sheds are not accessible to guests. Closets or hanging bars for clothing and suitcases are provided in each room, but a few closets are locked for owner belongings. **Apartment below has exclusive rights to the lower lawn, but the pool and hot tub areas are shared by guests of this residence and the owner or apartment guests below.
I am typically available during most daytime hours, 8AM - 6PM, but I am awake until about 9PM to assist in urgent matters. If I am traveling or not capable of answering right away, there is always a local contact to help resolve issues or contact me for emergencies. Our commitment is to your comfort and happy vacation to the best of our ability, and someone is always wiliing to help however we can.
Owner has a service dog, very friendly and never loud. The dog is mostly with the owner as often as possible and will not run freely or disturb guests. It is important to note her presence on property when the owner is in the apartment on the property in case of any "dog fears" or potential allergies by guests upstairs. Home is professionally cleaned before every check-in, but we know this is something to mention "just in case" there are questions. Thanks.
- *Attached apartment may be occupied by owner or other guests, and privacy and quiet time after 9:30PM expected by both sets of guests/owner.
- *House rules subject to change, based on new information of feedback from other guests or house requirements (posted as updates occur).
- *Short list of check-out procedures: sheet removal from beds, trash removal from house, dishes loaded in dishwasher--expected to be performed by the guests the morning of checkout before departure. If not complete, an additional cleaning fee may be charged on departure ($50)
- ****NO parties. NO events. Corporate retreats and other such possibilities do apply, but it would be best to check the "Midcentury" listing under my name for further details on how to rent the property in its entirety for complete privacy.
- *Pets may stay with prior approval and additional fee and/or deposit. Separate rules for pet owners not listed here will apply.
- *Checkout time is 10AM. Late checkouts can sometimes be arranged and may sometimes incur a fee, depending on needs and timing.
- *Hot tub is on property and is "optional" for guests with prior owner approval and those willing to follow guidelines for the care of the water.
- *Strict cancellation policy enforced.
-*Beginning at 10:00 a.m. check out time, for every 15 minutes thereafter that you are not checked out, you will be charged $100.00 for every 15 minutes.
-*There will also be additional charges for ruined towels ($20.00), hand towels ($10.00), and washcloths ($5.00) found with lipstick, makeup, etc. Each bathroom has disposable makeup removal wipes to prevent these issues.
-* Sheets and pillowcases should not be removed from beds, as cleaning crews will account for stains or missing linens and photographed and charged accordingly ($30 - $50 for sheets, depending on bed size. Comforters and blankets are more $)
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 68 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น