Private room with queen bed in 5 bedroom, 3,000 sq ft 1960s ranch-style home in southern Chapel Hill. Close to town but tucked away on wooded 2.5 acres. Spacious kitchen, two living areas, and lots of outdoor space. Great for visiting graduate students and professionals!
Second floor bedroom with reading nook. Other rooms are available for rent in the home, with ability to accommodate a total of 7 people comfortably. Two closets in room with clothing rack, hangers, and shelf space. Upstairs bathroom is shared with two other bedrooms. Spacious kitchen with 4-burner gas stove (in addition to microwave, toaster, oven, fridge, coffeemaker, and coffee) available for the culinarily inclined, and washer and dryer located downstairs in the unfinished basement. There are two living areas - one with a fireplace, papasan, futon, and 100 year-old Victorian upright piano (not in playing condition, unfortunately) and the other with a big comfy couch and a TV (with Roku but no cable). Back deck and large yard for outdoor activities and ample parking space.
All common areas, both indoor and outdoor, are free for use at any time. Only areas of the house that are private are other bedrooms (if not also being rented by your party), the in-law suite where I live, and the detached garage.
I live in a separate in-law suite, occasionally spending time in the kitchen and living areas. I have three dogs living with me in my suite, but they do not spend time in the common areas or interact with guests.
- Please help conserve energy by turning off lights when not in use.
- All water to the house is supplied by a well, so please use responsibly.
- The thermostat/ AC units are set between 68 and 74 (warmer in the summer, cooler in the winter), so please bring layers of clothing if needed. Please do not adjust the temperature, but let me know if you are uncomfortable, and we will find a solution.
- Please minimize noise and activity during quiet hours from 10pm to 8am (sound travels easily here).
- Please clean up promptly after yourself and don’t leave dirty dishes out overnight.
- Guests staying longer than 1 week are asked to help out take out the trash when needed. The trash bin is behind the garage.
- Please do not stay here if you smoke. Smoking is not allowed on or off the property.
- Please do not drive faster than 5mph in the driveway and watch for people entering/ exiting the guest house.
- Please use the kitchen door to enter and exit the house and keep it both hand-locked and dead-bolted.
- The house key should be in the possession of authorized guests only at all times.
Guest policy: Any additional guest visiting the home who was not identified during the booking process must be accompanied by the authorized guest at all times, and for safety purposes the authorized guest must send written notice via Airbnb message to the host before having a guest stay overnight. Guests staying longer than a few nights may be asked to be verified with Airbnb and added to the booking.
Lastly, it's very important that the reservation be made by the individual who will be occupying the room during the requested time, as booking this space on behalf of friends or family will result in cancellation.