Our house is a hidden paradise, a completely private getaway! We are surrounded by lush valleys and crowned with majestic views of the Himalayas. Come for work, a family gathering, or a romantic escape; our space and the surrounding hills will help you unwind and rejuvenate. The house is only accessible with a 2-min uphill hike. Parking Available Off-site. Hikes, bikes, village visits, old town tours are available. We have two Tibetan Mastiffs, who can be put in the annex area if you prefer.
Our house is located on top of a hill overlooking valleys and the Himalayas. Once you enter the property, you walk through a large flower garden and climb short stairs to reach a spacious patio and the living space. Your living space is 1155 square feet and has a kitchen, dining area, living area, a small library, a bathroom, 2 bedrooms, and a master suite with its attached bathroom. The entire living space has large, sunny windows and the open, minimalist design makes the house quite cozy and relaxing. From the back door, or around the patio, you can take a stairs to your private rooftop - all 1155 square feet space - where you can do yoga, BBQ, or host dinner with your family and friends.
The house is designed as a backsplit structure, with a flight of stairs taking you to a lower level. This level is the residence for the caretaker family, a couple and her daughter, who maintain the property, work in the vegetable garden, and look after two large Tibetan Mastiffs. This level is off-limits to the guest. FYI, the caretaker family and you do NOT share any amenities.
Adjacent to the main property is an annex, where we have an orchard and a vegetable garden. You are invited to use this space to relax and view sunset. There are hammocks here! If you do NOT want dogs in the main property, the caretakers will take them to the annex, so that you remain undisturbed in the house and the main property.
The structure is new, safe from earthquakes, and has all amenities for your stay. Our house is a luxurious stay for 6 people and comfortably accommodates a larger group.
Guest have full access to the entire property - living space, rooftop, garden, and annex area - except the lower level of the house where the caretaker family live. When you book, your private kitchen is stocked with all essential supplies so that you can cook with pleasure. There are numerous books, maps, and board games in the small library. We have a 43" flat-screen TV, a DVD player, a music system, so use them as you want. You can also use a landline phone in the house.
If you want wood-fire, you can request our care-taker staff. A fixed cost of 500 NPR is charged for wood fire.
As guests, you have full access to the house, and we will be absent to give you privacy. Irrespective of whether we are physically available to meet and check you in, we are available 24/7 on the phone for any queries or needs you have.
We love our dogs. We cannot reiterate often the amount of care we take of them. Both dogs - Junge Shah and Dorjee Sherpa - are harmless, playful, and really good with people. Give them all your love, but do not give them anything to eat.
One of your hosts, Jason, has lived in this area for 3 years, so he has a wealth of community contacts and network. Feel free to inquire us about what to do/see, and we can help with your plans.
Nepali meals are available on request and is delivered to the house by a local homestay family. Nepali meals contain rice, lentils, greens, vegetable curry, and pickles with eggs or meat curry as an add-on. Veg meal costs 4 USD per person and Non-veg meal is priced at 5 USD per person.
We also provide transportation between Kathmandu and Dhulikhel. Please inquire us for more information.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- All guests must be comfortable with presence of our two beloved dogs. They never enter the interiors of the house but move around the property, including the patio. Upon request, we can locate the dogs in a large fenced area, so they do not come across you during your stay.
- Please do NOT feed our pet dogs. They are given great meals and are carefully looked after.
- Children must be supervised at all times to avoid property damages
- No indoor fires are allowed in the house. Fires can only be made in fireplaces in the patio or the rooftop.
- Property gate must be locked at all times.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 127 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Welcome to the vibrant Kathmandu valley!
Our valley is large and diverse, yet we know it intimately! While the urban core of the valley can get crowded, loud, and challenging, it also offers incredible opportunities to explore ancient religions, old architecture, and incredible cultural heritage. Kathmandu and Patan, in its unity, is a city of 4 million people in the day but a town of 4000 people late in the night; you run into your friends everywhere.
During your stay in Kathmandu, your exploration need not limit itself in the durbar squares or backpackers’ areas; just beyond the city core, and within 30mins drive, are rice fields, old towns, hikes, bike trails, adventure sports, and incredible sights. One thing for sure, you might come for the mountains, but you will return for the people.
We are two friends, born and raised in different socio-cultural identities within the territories of Nepal. Pemba grew up in terraced farms near rugged mountains, and Jason came of age running through narrow alleys of fertile valley plains. Apples and Oranges, if you will! We met as 'couchsurfers' in Kathmandu valley, which we both call home now.
As we started hanging out, drinking, dancing, and sharing our ideas, we realized that we both shared similar ideas of a "good life". Hence, we have set forth with a multidimensional platform "SherpaShah," combining our last names, to forge enterprises and initiatives that champion grassroots sustainability, urban renewal, sharing economy, civic responsibilities, and introspective travel.
We love traveling for conversations and inspirations, not necessarily for the newness of places or people. Along the way, we have heard incredible personal stories and met exceptional practitioners of social change; these experiences inspire us to live a life of creativity, camaraderie, community, and challenges. Irrespective of destinations, we share the fascination with sights and sounds of daily life in its vernacular. We hope you travel similarly.
As you develop ideas to explore the vastness of Nepali landscape and diverse cultures, we want to offer you our experiences in planning your travel! Come, stay with us to begin :) Our SherpaShah crew, a team of young, passionate Nepalis, are excited to host you in our homes and invite you to our communities!
All room listings belong to our two homes:
1. PATANsquared: This beautiful home is located just outside the historic city of Patan. We are very close to attractions, cafes, restaurants, bars, and music venue. Public transportation is easy, cabs are available, and there are lot of options for shopping - grocery or souvenirs. All 6 rooms of this house are listed on airbnb. Beside being our home, PATANsquared is an urban community hub that brings together curious minds and accomplished professionals - travelers and city residents - from all walks of life to inquire about personal responsibilities for social good. We host free walking tours of Patan every Thursdays, homemeade dinners and discussions on food systems every alternate Fridays, and "Sunny Bar Brunch" - with great food and attractive cocktails - every Saturdays. As our guests, you are invited to all of these events, or you can stay in the privacy of your room or relax in our terraces, if you prefer.
2. Dhulikhel GetAway: This luxurious home is tucked away in leafy surroundings of Dhulikhel just one hour outside the city. Overlooking the Himalayas, our home is a great place to rejuvenate, relax, and rejoice with your friends. Jason set up and operated a learning center - with natural buildings and organic agro-forestry - in a village nearby for two years and still hosts experiential learning programs for students regularly. We have incredible relationship with the residents of this town, and we leverage these partnerships to organize hikes, monastery stays, old town tours, organic farm visits, bike trips, and cooking courses. When you book to stay, you get the privacy of an entire home. Nepali meals are prepared and delivered by a local family on request.
Please look just below our profile information, on the left side of this web-page, to see all our room listings.