This big 3 room apartment is located at the Nieuwegracht, the most picturesque canal in the heart of Utrecht and very close to all the highlights. It is the top part of our characteristic monumental building dating from 1475 and has a great view over the canal from the living room with three windows at the front. The bedrooms are at the backside. You can use the peaceful terrace next to the canal. It is the perfect place to stay for couples or a small family of 3 or 4.
The apartment is bright and spacious (80m2/900 sq ft). It has a beautiful living room, a big bathroom with bath and separate shower, a separate toilet and two bedrooms. It has original medieval roof beams, a fire place (not working), tv, 2 desks, coffee/tea corner and a refrigerator. There is no kitchen.
Our historic house (5000 sq ft) is located in a stunning location, right by the canal, in the centre of Utrecht, but nevertheless very quiet. The monument dates from 1475 and has lots of historic characteristics, like the impressive main entrance, the very special painted botanic patio, the typical canal wharf cellar with entrance to your terrace on the canal and a big garden at the back side.
Parking in the street is possible but expensive. You can use our private parking place for €20 a night. Please let us know in advance
Via the main entrance and up the common stairs, the entrance to your completely private apartment is on the 2nd floor. On the 2nd floor there is a private hall for your coats and then the stairs to the 3rd floor (no elevator). The living room is on the canalside. The modern bathroom and 2p bedroom are located at the backside. The 2p bedroom has an open space and stairs to the 4th floor, with a 1p bed. We also have travel cots for baby's (€10 p/n). You can enjoy the sun in the morning from the peaceful terrace at the Nieuwegracht canal. The entrance is from the house, via the medieval wharf cellar that goes under the street, to the canal. There are chairs to enjoy the view from the wharf terrace overlooking the water.
We are quite flexible and want to make sure you make the best of your visit. Please contact us with any wish you may have. If you are a family, we can also accommodate an extra child (4th person).
During your stay we can be reached by phone, email and in person for questions you may have. We are easy to reach because we live downstairs. We will meet you in person during check-in. We will offer you a welcome drink in the garden in the afternoon if the weather is nice.
- Your apartment has a Nespresso coffee machine, a electric kettle to make tea, a refrigerator and you can eat something.
- There is no kitchen and we don't serve breakfast but there is a good restaurant that serves a great buffet style breakfast, only 200m away. It has a very nice terrace in the summer! And of course there are plenty of other options nearby.
- We have a cat called Simba in the house (he will not come in your apartment).
- In the middle of the bathroom is an old medieval roof beam; The bathroom is not so suitable for people taller than 1.95m/6.4 ft.
- Since we are situated in the middle of the Museum Quarter, you will hear the different church bells, but they are not very loud, except maybe Sundays at 10.15 am.
Please keep it quiet in the house between 00.00 and 07.30
ตั้งแต่วันที่ 01 ธันวาคม 2017 - 28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2018 จำนวนคืนขั้นต่ำคือ 1 คืน
Joyce, 53, works for a Dutch Pensionfund and loves to travel with Ernst all over the world. We love to meet new people. Being a host in the center of Utrecht also gives us the chance to meet interesting people. Looking forward to seeing you!