Self catering 4-person holiday apartment
Porthmeor Beach - St. Ives - Cornwall
STUNNING SEA VIEWS
BEACH FRONT APARTMENT
IN SEASON (March to October inclusive) we only let from Friday to Friday in week blocks. YOU CAN BOOK more than one week in a row, but please book them separately as Airbnb seems not to facilitate that in an obvious way. Thanks!
Studio apartment sleeping 4 people.
Balcony overlooking the sea.
Private access to the beach.
Ideally situated in the old quarter of St. Ives.
Wireless broadband access point.
Converted in 1962 from a former pilchard curing cellar and seine loft, Barnaloft is an award winning block of flats and studios. Each unit has a balcony overlooking the sea and there is private access to the beach. It is ideally situated in the old quarter of St Ives, a few minutes away from the shops.
The studio, which is available to let throughout the year, is very comfortably decorated and furnished. It is on the top floor, all electric and has been made as convenient as possible to run as a holiday home. There is a coin operated laundry in the block. A cleaner is employed to service the property.
This property is not suitable for small children due to the unguarded open-tread staircase.
Keys are accessible via a keysafe in the bin store next to the front door, and Garage 5 is yours to use.
Guests often ask if their car will fit! The garage is 7'8" wide, 6' high, and 18' deep. Along the far wall of the garage is a shelf at 4'2" from the floor and 3'2 deep.
LIVING ROOM 20' x 12', close carpeted, with built in cupboards, pine sideboards with wall shelving and sofa. The sea facing wall is glass, with a door which leads to a glass walled balcony overlooking the sea. There are easy chairs, and a dining alcove under the stairs with a modern oak table and chairs. A glass serving hatch leads to the...
KITCHEN with electric cooker, microwave, refrigerator, and ample cupboards.
Also on the ground floor is the:
BATHROOM with tiled floor and walls, shower over bath, heated towel rail, lavatory and wash basin.
From the living room open tread stairs lead to the:
BEDROOM A high ceilinged gallery 21' x 12', divided by glass topped louvered doors. The land side, from which there is a view of the courtyard and old cottage roof tops through a 12' window, contains twin single beds and vanity unit including wash basin and shaver plug. The sea side contains a double bed and built in wardrobe and airing cupboard and has a direct view of the Atlantic through the glass walls of the living room and balcony. The whole area is close carpeted. During the day the louvered doors fold back, but at night they can be closed so that children may sleep undisturbed.
Digital colour television with radio channels, DVD player, radio and CD player, wireless broadband, bluetooth speaker system, underfloor heating, Dimplex storage heater, crockery, cutlery, all cooking utensils, electric iron and fire are provided. Please be aware that the TV signal to St Ives can be patchy. The television has an HDMI input and so laptops/chromecast/AppleTV could be connected, for example.
Building Management Company Lease Regulations:
1. TVs and radios etc. should not be audible outside any flat.
2. Every effort should be made to keep noise down generally inside flats and in the common areas to ensure it does not affect other flat owners.
3. Animals belonging to owners may only be kept in flats subject to prior permission of the Directors and, on no account may animals be kept in the Complex by holidaymakers/visitors. Consent may be withdrawn if a pet becomes a nuisance.
4. There is a bin store and bins must not be stored in any other external areas.
5. No bicycles, furniture, building material or any personal possessions should be left on the walkways or in the external grounds of the building.
6. Care should be taken to keep the common areas, including the stairs, clean and free of litter.
7. Each flat owner is entitled to ONE vehicle and ONLY in his/her designated space. The consent of the owners to borrow or rent unused spaces must be gained. NO parking is allowed on the driveway, courtyard or Barnaloft turning circle at any time.
8. The water must be turned off if the flat is left unoccupied for more than one week.
9. If you see anyone committing any damage to the property or the surrounding area, please report them to the Caretaker if on site or Agent, Belmont Property Management, Daniell House, Falmouth Road, Truro, Cornwall, TRI 2HX (teleph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) as soon as possible.
10. No notices of any description shall be placed upon the exterior of the building or in any windows of the apartments.
11. No clothing, linen or other laundered articles, mats, rugs or carpets shall be hung or exhibited in any apartment or from the windows thereof, or on the balconies or exhibited in such a matter as to be visible from the exterior of the premises.
12. No curtains or window drapes or such like shall be hung at the windows thereof which in the opinion of the Directors shall be unsuitable as being not in the keeping or out of character with the use of the estate.
13. No occupier shall make or allow any person or persons or child or children under his control to make undue noise in or about the premises or any part of the building.
14. All residents to be mindful of not passing the door entry codes to anyone.
15. On no account are barbeques of any kind allowed on the balconies of flats nor, under the Council's by law, on the northern end of Porthmeor beach between the Island and the far end of the Surf School.
Please leave the property clean and tidy upon departure.