The cozy Eco-friendly house Lucija is surrounded by olive trees and has a great relaxed atmosphere. You only have 10 min by foot to the sea.
The house Lucija is a cozy, Eco-friendly house with a great and relaxed atmosphere. The nearest neighbor is 100 m away from the house and because of the many olive trees in front of the house you can really enjoy your privacy here.
The house is situated near the lovely little bay of Tudorovica where you have a nice pebble beach and therefore easy access to the sea.
The house consists of a kitchen with dining area and a bed, then there is a bed room and a toilet. The house is not big, but it has all the comfort to fulfill your basic needs.
The house is powered by solar panels, which can be used for lightning and charging of mobile devices. You will not have that much electricity, if you watch TV on cloudy days. The water comes from a water tank that collects rainwater during the year. Hot water comes from a black barrel on the back of the house. On cloudy days you may only have very little or no hot water. The house does not have an oven but an iron cover, which you can use, as an oven. You put your food in the fireplace and lay the cover over it. Then you cover the iron cover with already prepared embers and then you roast the food until ready.
Kitchen and living/bedroom (12 m2):
· Simple equipped kitchen with 3 gas burners
· Indoor fireplace
· Sink (only cold water)
· Gas-powered small refrigerator with a freezer of 3L
· TV and radio
· There is also a movable gas powered heater for cooler days
· Crockery, cutlery, glasses and pans
· Kitchen linens
· Single bed (90x190 cm)
· Dining table with 4 chairs
· mosquito net in the window and in the entrance of the house
Bedroom (6 m2):
· Double bed (140x190 cm)
· bedside table
· mosquito net in the window
· Flooring: Ceramic plates
Terrace (25 m2):
· Covered terrace
· Outdoor fireplace
· 2 gas burners
· Stone table with stone bench
· 2 loungers and a smaller table
· Outdoor washbasin
Bathroom (2 m2):
· shower (only cold water)
· sink (only cold water)
· Outside shower behind the house (warm water)
· Towels except beach towels are available.
· Spare bed linen available
· A swing can be put up for children
· A baby cot can be delivered when needed
· Smoking is only allowed outside the house
· Pets are allowed, but costs € 7.00 per pet, per day. This fee can not be paid though Airbnb, but must be paid directly to the house owner on the day of arrival.
Parking area for 1 car:
· Parking 30 m from the house
· 5 km to Vela Luka via a paved road
· By bike you can reach the bay Gradina effortlessly, to Vela Luka you have to take the steep hills in mind.
· The nearest neighbor is 100 m from the house
· The nearest restaurant is 1 km from the house, but is only open during the summer
· 200 m from the house, there is a place you can buy bread in the mornings, but only during the summer
· 200 m from the house you have the bay Tudorovica which has a lovely pebble beach with easy access to the sea which makes it also very suitable for small children.
· There are many other bays in the area you can go and explore such as: Gradina, Stračinčica, Pelegrin, Privala, Martin Bok, Tankaraca, Pod Orsan, Žukova etc.
I always want to meet with all my guests before they drive out to their reserved house, just to say hi and help them with the documentation for the tourist office and any other questions they might have, so it would be great if you could call or write me an SMS when you are on the ferry towards the island of Korčula.
When we have finished with the documentation the house owner will come and guide you the way to the reserved house.
If you need any help during your stay, you are always welcome to contact me.
Vela Luka Travel is a holiday house rental agency, which wants to promote a Eco-Friendly and sustainable tourism.
The agency is located on the island of Korčula in the little town of Vela Luka and our houses are mostly situated in the many bays and fields in the municipality of Vela Luka.
The majority of the houses we rent out get their electricity and hot water from solar energy and the water comes from a water tank, which collects rainwater during the year. We always try to convince the house owner to go all green, but that also needs some investments which you are helping with when renting the house.
Houses with swimming pools are a “no go”, because we think that people should enjoy the crystal clear sea that surrounds the island instead of supporting a massive use of water and chemicals when using a swimming pool.
Our hope is to give our guests a wonderful stay in precious natural surroundings while still thinking of the environment and making as less harm as possible to the nature.