Come enjoy our beautiful lakeside home with spectacular views & breathtaking sunsets on quiet Muscote Bay. Lovely screened in porch, decks, patio, and dock area. Located on Bay of Quinte with Picton, Bloomfield, Wellington & the 401 all just 15 mins away. Perfect for couples and families. A kayak, canoe & bicycles are available on-site to explore the quiet bay, nearby marsh and scenic back roads. Come explore the wineries, beaches, cafes, fine dining, brewpubs, art galleries, bike paths & more!
This lovely lakefront property has all the amenities for a wonderful stay in Prince Edward County. The breathtaking views, the peacefulness, the closeness of nature and the quiet evenings will make you not want to go home!
The lovely screened-in porch and lakeside deck allow you to take in spectacular views of Muscote Bay during the day and at sunset. There is a lower patio surrounded by well-tended gardens and flowers beds. The waterfront is located 30 steps from the house. There, you’ll find a dock, a grassy sitting area, a fire pit, and as a canoe and kayak for your use and enjoyment. The numerous seating areas on the property include a quiet back deck with a three-burner BBQ and patio, surrounded by gardens, herbs for your mealtime picking, and a hammock for two to enjoy a mid-afternoon snooze. Here, you can listen to the birds sing or unwind after the beach with a glass of wine.
The large, well-equipped eat-in kitchen has all-new appliances, including a dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, blender, Cuisinart and coffee maker; a fully stocked supply of cookware, dishware, cutlery, linens; and a vast assortment of cooking utensils to prepare a gourmet dinner or BBQ.
The main bedroom has a very comfortable queen-size bed where you can wake up to beautiful views of the lake and sleep comfortably with the nice breezes off the Bay.
The cosy den has a futon sofa that converts into a double bed, with a comfy memory foam topper. It it also a floor-to-ceiling book-filled library. Grab a favourite book and relax by the water, in the hammock, or on the deck! All beds have crisp fresh linens and fluffy towels.
The comfortable modern living room has beautiful views of the Bay. It has a flat-screen Smart TV with Netflix included and several guitars available for your use. Cork and hardwood floors throughout and a lovely model bathroom add to the comforts of your stay. A new washer and dryer are also available for your use as a/c units and fans when needed.
This unique, tree-lined property is surrounded by nature, numerous species of birds, great fishing, and the sounds of loons on the bay at night. There is great swimming with a hard packed sand bottom. There is also a marsh a five-minute paddle down the bay. Evenings offer breathtaking sunsets and time to relax in a quiet and peaceful setting after being out and about during the day exploring the County!
Another advantage is our close proximity to all the key tourist destinations, wineries, beaches, including Sandbanks Provincial Park, great restaurants, brewpubs, shopping, and art galleries in the quaint towns of Bloomfield, Wellington, and Picton.. All just 15 or 20 mins. away. We are also close to the north end of the island, with quick access to Highway 401 to make it easy to get in and out of The County.
• We offer you all the amenities of home including basic cooking supplies, spices, cooking oils, coffee filters, tea bags, etc.
• Wireless internet and access to Netflix
• We have provided some guitars in the living room for those who can play. All we ask that you please treat them with respect. Please be gentle ☺
• We are pleased to offer you a complimentary bottle of red or white wine to enjoy while staying at The County Lakehouse. Please advise if you prefer red or white at the time of booking if you so wish.
• There is a long laneway with ample parking for a maximum of three (3) cars
• Guests will have FREE access to the canoe and kayak for use on the premises, life preservers and bicycles, as well as the fire pit (when no fire bans are in place)
• We will meet you upon your arrival to show you around the house and property and answer any questions you may have.
• We will be residing at the top of the laneway on another part of the property during your stay and are available anytime by cell phone or in person if you need assistance, travel tips, touring advice or amenities.
• In order to maintain the gardens for everyone’s enjoyment, we will discreetly water the flowerbeds when you are out and cut the grass as needed.
• Please refer to the House Manual on the kitchen table for household rules, information and travel tips/reference materials.
• We want our guests to feel at home so let us know how we can make The County Lakehouse more enjoyable for you.
What to bring:
• Bike helmets
• iPods, tablets or portable stereos
• Cell phones for connectivity
• Sun protection, hats, beach towels
You are welcome to use our bicycles to tour around the local back roads. You may also use the canoe and kayak (with paddles & life preservers) located at the waterfront.
This is our primary home located in a quiet, rural, residential neighbourhood in The County. We ask our guests to treat our home and neighbours with the respect you would your own. No parties, events or loud noise please; quiet time from 11pm to 8am. We are a smoke-free home. Not suitable for pets. Check-in is between 1pm and 6pm. Early check-in or late checkout may be arranged if discussed in advance. The property is ideal for four (4) guests.
Hi! We are from Toronto and bought our country home here in Prince Edward County in 2006. After commuting for five years on weekends back and forth, we moved here full time in 2011. We love living in this beautiful rural setting located on the water and running our marketing/communications business from home. Don't miss the big city life at all. Love to travel and with Daniel being a professional photographer, we enjoy seeking out new destinations! (URL HIDDEN)