Walking distance to the heart of Wallingford and Green Lake, easy access to freeways, the University of Washington and a short bus ride to downtown, stadiums and the Pike Place Market. Our 1916 craftsman cottage is steps away from local establishments like Mighty-O donuts, Kisaku Sushi, Burgundian, Tangletown, and Zoka Coffee. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers and families with toddlers and babies.
This is my family's primary home but we are excited to share our space when we're traveling. Our house is a two bedroom Craftsman cottage built in 1916. We've done our best to preserve small period details during our 2015 kitchen remodel. Sunrise hits the bedrooms while the living space gets the evening sun. The master bedroom has a queen bed. The second bedroom is perfect for families traveling with young kids. It has a crib, toddler bed and plenty of toys to keep younger kids amused. A pack and play, high chair and booster seat are also available to make traveling with kids easier. We have a half finished basement with an additional queen bed if more space is needed for adults. During nice weather, the back deck is perfect for dining outside, lighting a chiminea and unwinding. In the winter, you'll have access to a wood burning fireplace in the living room. Some firewood is provided. A washer and dryer are also available for use in the basement. Since we have backyard chickens, you'll also be able to collect fresh eggs for your breakfast during your stay.
You'll have access to our entire house though we will be storing belongings in the basement workshop room since this is our primary residence.
We will be available by phone and text for any questions or issues.
- As a guiding principal, we hope you respect that this is our family’s primary home that we live in when we’re not traveling so we hope you treat it as such. We have a few basic house rules.
- We love animals but can't have any pets on the property because we have backyard chickens.
- Quiet hours are between 10 P.M. and 7 A.M. Please be respectful of our neighbors.
- Check-out is at 11 A.M. (unless agreed upon prior to arrival)
- Trash/Recycling/Compost: Please separate these items and place them in the bins in the back alley. More details found in house info book upon arrival.
- All dishes and glasses should be washed. Please run dishwasher before you leave.
- Dirty linens and towels should be placed in the middle of the floor in the bedroom.
- There is no smoking inside the house but you can outside. Please throw your butts away.
- No one under the age of 21 will be allowed to register for house rental. Parent or Guardian must be staying on the property with anyone under age. All monies will be forfeited, if this is found to be the case.
I live in Seattle, WA with my husband and two young daughters, Stella and Mackenzie. My husband and I promised each other that kids wouldn't change our desire to travel, create lasting memories and experience new cultures. Thankfully the girls are proving to be adaptable and inquisitive. Now we get to see the wide world through their eyes too.