Spirit Island is located upriver of Saxapahaw. A 2-3 hour (5 mile) canoe paddle will bring you to our 5 acre island. There is a 16'x20 camping platform built for sleeping, a fire ring area, and a small dock. You will need to bring your own camping gear, and supplies. Paddlecrafts provided by The Haw River Canoe and Kayak Co. You can also give them a call to answer any detailed questions
Spirit island is located just downriver of a ten foot dam. The 16'x20' camping platform offers a flat, level, dry place to sleep and set up tents. The island is mostly left wild. The Fire Ring Area is mostly sand, with a galvanized bucket to hold firewood. You will check in with The Haw River Canoe and Kayak Co to get set up with your paddling gear, and to go over logistics.
Spirit Island is a NO amenities campground. There is no water, or electricity.
Spirit Island can only be accessed by paddlecraft.
We will happily go over all logistics involved, as well as I will leave guests with my personal number in case of emergency on the river.
booking price includes one canoe, paddles, life jackets, and is intended for a group of 2 persons.
You must paddle to spirit island, leaving no earlier than 9am from Saxapahaw and no later than 3pm.
You must return by 5pm on your return date.
You will be responsible for bringing your own camping gear ( tent, water,chair, food,kitchen, etc)
- Fires only permitted in Fire Ring
- Returning any rental gear, on time and in like condition.
- Leave no trace ethics enforced, pack it in, pack it out
- Listing price includes 1 Canoe rental with paddling gear for 2 people to use to travel to Spirit Island.
- You can leave from the saxapahaw access as early as 9am to head to Spirit Island, or as late as 3pm. (2-3 hours to get to camping platform)
- Canoe and gear must be returned in like condition, and no later than 5pm on the day of return.
- Quiet hours after 11pm. No one else will be permitted on the island during your stay. Though there are neighbors 400 or so yards through the tree line.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.