This cottage is close to State Land, Hiking, Plattekill Stream, Waterfalls. You’ll love this place because it is a well designed, insulated and fully renovated house with charm, quite neighborhood up against the Catskill Mountains. My favorite aspect of the property are the views of the mountains and the back yard.
The area was once known for its blue stone mining. Many of the sidewalks of Brooklyn are made of blue stone that was quarried from this area.
Although the house is small, it is very comfortable and easy to use since all the systems and appliances are new.
The barn is not functioning and is off limits. A new hot tub was recently put in and is functioning so far so good.
I live next door.
Please do not leave any food outside the house especially during bear season. There are animals that live throughout the area and we prefer they don't get used to eating people food. As most houses up here, this house does not have AC. We keep the windows open and fans going when its hot outside.
- Quite neighborhood and sound travels. Not good for loud parties.
- Great house for hiking, biking, wandering, cooking, relaxing, sitting by fire pit
- There is a tv for streaming, but no cable.
- Wifi works well and cell phones work well.
- Upstairs bedroom does not have a door. Its the entire top floor that you enter through stairway.
- The house was fully renovated in 2016.