New to the market, introductory LOW pricing, BOOK NOW!
The Copper Turtle is low-key, elegant – have a good time, feel comfortable. Open floor plan, lots of space both inside and out. At the Copper Turtle we have 160 feet of lovely beachfront on the quiet North side of the Brac.
The best snorkeling site on the island called the "Fishbowl" is right in front of our house - just put on water shoes, grab snorkel gear, and be amazed!
Note: Cayman tourist tax (13%) is included in the pricing.
The first thing that everyone notices as they walk in the front door is the really large open space, with an amazing side to side full view of the ocean, blue skies, clouds and dive boats bobbing.
Our sweetest feature is the full screened-in porch that runs the length of the beach side. On the right is the hammock, from which to watch the butterflies and dragonflies flitting across the flowers, in the middle are Adirondack chairs and a table, to watch the lightning show from tropical clouds running up against the mountains of Cuba (50 miles north), on the left is the outdoor dining table, the place to set up a laptop, answer some quick e-mails, watching dive boats bobbing off shore in front of you.
The 32’ fiberglass pool was installed in 2016 and is truly amazing. State of the art copper ionizer eliminates the need of chlorine, and the deck elevation provides the perfect spot to watch the sunsets.
The master bedroom is large, large enough that the king size bed looks oddly small in it, French doors open out to the porch area so the tropical breezes blow through in the evening. Off the bedroom is a large marble bathroom, with "his" and "her" sinks, a rain shower and three bay windows looking out, yet again, over the sea in front.
On the other side of the house are two more bedrooms. The “Ocean Room” is done up in blue and white, with its own seating area, opening out to the hammock section of the porch, the ocean in the background. The “Garden Room” is all in red, brown and green, the leaves of tropical trees breaking up the sunshine. Both rooms have ceiling fans and window AC units, share a bathroom.
In between the two sets of bedrooms is a really large living space that combines an open kitchen, dining and living room. Oversized fan, Samsung Home Entertainment system, dining area for eight, with a massive sectional couch right in the middle for enjoying movies or the view across the water. The sectional couch can be opened into a queen size bed. We also have twin-size hotel quality roll-away bed that can be added to one of the bedrooms or common area.
Outside… is the rinse-tank area with separate tanks for gears and cameras. On the right hand side of the house is the kayak, with paddles underneath. On the beach in front is a picnic table for dining while catching the last rays of the day. Plus a wooden bench precisely placed so as to get the maximum possible beauty from the sun setting over Little Cayman, off in the distance, the last plane of the day coming in in slow motion, silhouetted against the clouds – our favorite place to watch the sun set.
The airport is a 10-15 minute walk from the house, the super market 20 minutes.
The absolute best snorkeling on the island (we've tried 'em all) is the “Fish Bowl” directly off the beach from the house – schools of chub, grunts, snappers, turtles passing through, scorpionfish, filefish, trumpetfish and just to the side is a resident school of squid (no promises!) and if you’re patient and lucky, there’s an octopus hanging out too. Strap on some gear and stroll on in.
In the “Activity Closet” are the vests for the kayak, several sets of snorkel gear, a beach volleyball plus some picnic blankets. In the kitchen pantry are the barbecue tools for the grill on the beach, plus coolers and such. The kitchen itself has a complete set of dishes, cutlery and stuff plus a new 5 burner stove, new fridge, new coffee maker. We love to cook and spend about half of the year here, so you will most likely find everything you may need to make a delicious meal or bake a cake. When things get dirty use the dishwasher or the laundry room + the clothesline on the side of the house. AC throughout.
The whole house, except the garage and owners storage (locked).
Our lovely property manager will greet you at the airport and will be a short phone call away to help you throughout your stay. You can also email or phone the owners, we are pretty "attached" to our phones and will respond quickly.
We provide a phone that is available to our guests to make local (Cayman) phone calls.
1. SMOKING OUTSIDE ONLY, PLEASE. The Copper Turtle is a non-smoking establishment. Smokers are welcome to indulge outside, but not on the porch as the smoke will travel in through open windows and doors. Please do not leave butts on the grounds, for obvious reasons.
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY/ NATURE OF USE. Occupancy is limited to the agreed upon number of guests. We think it is best for our guests to enjoy the home exactly as they would their own. We want you to relax and enjoy the place in that way, but also to take an interest in helping care for and treat it with respect as if it was your place.
Larger social gatherings, including parties, are generally not allowed, in order to avoid damage to the home or its contents and for peace and quiet in the neighborhood. Violation of this rule can cause significant problems, and if we feel the violation to be sufficiently disrespectful and/or see damage done as a result, will be grounds for immediate expulsion. Let's please not have to go through that; it is not what we are here for.
3. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES. Please provide your flight and arrival times to us so that you can be met at the airport or the property, as we will agree upon. Should there be any adjustment to these times, we will try to be flexible, but nevertheless ask you to please let us know at the earliest possible time.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT. ** Please. Accidents do happen. Please let us know if something breaks, or if a cooking pan has been blackened beyond repair, or whatever. Your honesty will be appreciated, and no excessive penalty will be imposed, just some of the replacement cost. Specifically please do not be hiding things under the bed, behind a cabinet, etc. because that just makes things that much harder to sort out and doesn’t do any of us any good.
5. LIABILITY OF HOST. We have made every effort to ensure that the unit is well maintained, sound, and safe. It is understood and agreed that we shall not be held liable for any injuries, accidents, or other harm except that resulting from our own negligence. This includes the use of the swimming pool where (a) there is no life guard on duty and (b) the pool is not deep enough for diving. Guest use the swimming pool at their own risk, children must be supervised at all times.