This is a wonderful area, right by El Dorado National Forest and just a short distance to South Fork American River. Old Town Placerville is an approx 25 minutes drive. Nearest ski resort is about an hour away, South Lake Tahoe approx 1.5 hours away.
The house sits on a private, community landing strip... you can taxi your airplane right on to the property. We welcome non-smoking guests and solo adventurers who are respectful of the home, our neighbors and the surroundings.
- Landing by permission only - Briefing required
- Young children and pets may be approved if under strict supervision at all times. The house is located near an active runway and there are great risks involved if the runway is accessed by non-pilots.
- Absolutely no smoking on entire property... inside or outside.
- If preferred, existing furniture can be removed for long-term bookings so that own furniture can be brought in.
- Long-term guests can receive a 45% booking discount if they stay six months or longer, but will be responsible for all utility costs, as well as replacement costs for consumed items such as seasoned firewood and propane.
- This listing applies to the main portion of a larger house. Attached unit is typically empty but can be used by long-term guests at an additional price. Please inquire.
- Hangar space for airplane may also be arranged for an additional fee.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 44 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
My name is Li (pronounced Leigh) and I am a semi-retired landscape designer after 25 years of an exciting and rewarding career. I grew up in Stockholm, Sweden prior to moving to California in 1980. I lived in various places on the San Francisco Peninsula for six years before settling into a home in Redwood Shores.
Twenty years later a longtime dream was fulfilled when I ventured up to the Sierra Foothills and bought a home in a country setting. Since the Redwood Shores house was rented out to long-term tenants, I purchased a small studio condo in downtown San Mateo. That way I would have a place to stay while commuting between the Sierra Foothills and the Bay Area for work.
I have loved each home; all of them special and in very different environments... It is actually really fun to have three such unique places and I enjoy each of them for what they have to offer. I hope you will too!
When I discovered Redwood Shores and bought a house on the water, it felt like I had found my spot. To be near the vibrant city life, yet, to have the tranquility and ever-changing water views right in your back yard is such a treat. I also love to walk the wonderful Bay Trail along the levees and enjoy the tidal marshlands with all the birdlife (white pelicans, cormorants, sandpipers, egrets, herrons and ducks to mention a few).
Because the home is in an HOA (Home Owner Association) area, there is a requirement that rental agreements are for 6 months or longer.
This is a home on two acres with a large seasonal pond, situated on a private airstrip at 2600', which is above the fog line and typically below the snow line. It is fun to fly into this small community airport and taxi right into your own hangar. It is a magical place for aviation enthusiasts to enjoy the area for a visit or long-term stay. Imagine commuting to the Bay Area for work by air instead of driving in heavy traffic... :-)
SAN MATEO STUDIO CONDO:
This is a tiny little place, only 370 sqft, yet has all the conveniences needed in a home. I fell for the western exposure balcony with a view of the distant hills of San Mateo, the private underground parking, the two blocks to downtown and the train station. I also love the short walk to Central Park with its Japanese Garden, Arboretum and the recreation center with many organized activities.
The condo is on the top floor of a three story 55+ building, which means guests have to be at least 55 years old to stay here.
I am looking forward to meeting people from near and far... I hope that you will have a good experience while staying in one of my homes!
Med vänlig hälsning,