Our house is perfectly located for getting to know Ottawa and its sights. Across the street from public transportation, our house is ideal if you are attending a conference or just visiting. The house also backs onto a large park where you can take a stroll, lie in the grass, or watch the Rideau River. Your best choice for city and nature. :)
Please note that you will be sharing a bathroom with us and we have two well-behaved rescued dogs.
The space is bright, comfortable, and cozy. Your room is equipped with a TV where you can access Netflix and a desk for your computer. The bed is top of the line and even vibrates and can be adjusted.
You will be able to access your room, the bathroom, relax in the living room or backyard, and access the kitchen to make a simple breakfast or snack. All other areas are off-limits.
We have two very well behaved rescued dogs - Willa and Freckles. Willa will be a tad bossy when you arrive, but will settle down once you settle in. The dogs do not go into your room ever. They are available for cuddles if you wish. :)
- Since this is a share house with multiple occupants, we like to ensure everyone has their own space. We kindly ask guests to refrain from entering the basement and other bedrooms. We’ll ensure your space is likewise respected in return.
- Kitchen use is limited to preparing breakfast (coffee/tea, toast, fruit, instant oatmeal), simple food prep (sandwiches, etc.) and use of the microwave.
- To ensure we keep the floorboards squeaky clean for our guests’ enjoyment, we have a no shoes policy inside our home.
- Feel free to park in our driveway if we are not home during your stay. Otherwise you can park over on Columbus Ave or down the street.
- We kindly ask that you do not bring any guests to our home. There are plenty of great restaurants and bars in the area where you can hang out with your friends. Absolutely no parties as well.
- Since we have pets of our own, please no pets.
- You are welcome to smoke outside in the back yard. Please leave your butts in the butt can!
- Since the bathroom is shared with us, we politely ask that you leave it as clean as possible.
- Check-in is at 3 pm, and check-out is by 11 am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.