This adorable and freshly remodeled home is close to all of the excitement that Portland has to offer! Located 5 minutes from the Old Port, a short walk to Back Cove, Payson Park, and just minutes from Thompson's Point, Amtrak and the Portland Jetport. My home is in a safe quiet neighborhood with off street parking. I love this cozy, comfortable house and I think you will too, it will ensure your vacation, business trip, or brief visit to Maine will be perfectly Portland!
We love our neighborhood, our neighbors and our home, so we expect our guests to also show the same courteousness by not having parties (our house is too small to throw a good rager anyways ;-)), keeping outside noise down at night and leaving the house and yard tidy and in good order.
Here is our most current required end of stay checkout-checklist as a reference for our basic guest departure expectations:
• Check out is by 11 AM on the day of your departure unless other arrangements have previously been made
• Strip used sheets off beds
• Place used sheets and used DRY towels in bedroom closet laundry basket(s)
• Leave used DAMP towels in bathroom
• Trash, recycling and returnable are in their respective kitchen bins
• Relock windows and close shades
• During winter months set thermostat to arrival temp (67 degrees if you don’t recall)
• Run dishwasher (if used) which takes about an hour so please plan accordingly to be able to put clean dishes away
• Clean up messes (pretty please!)
• Note any damage, household items that have run out to be repurchased, suggestions for us
• Don’t forget to take your food, drinks, personal belongings, etc.
• Check fridge/freezer
• Check bedrooms/closets/electronics/chargers
• Bathroom/medicine cabinet/shower/hooks/towel bars
• Ensure inside lights are off and outside house lights are on
• Lock front door/interior mudroom door/exterior mudroom door and deadbolt
• Replace house key in lockbox
I was born and raised in the beautiful state of Maine! I grew up in a small coastal town across the water from Portland - there is nothing quite like coastal Maine, and nowhere I'd rather be!
I work in the yachting industry as a private Chef have been heavily influenced by the unique and special cuisine that Maine has to offer. My favorite food item to prepare for guests around the globe is the classic Maine Lobster roll!
In my spare time I enjoy playing tennis, kayaking, biking and exploring the local breweries and restaurants around Portland.