5 minutes to Interstate 94. Old world charm meets industrial chic in Kettle Moraine! Vintage details w/ open concept. Perfect for socializing with colleagues, family or friends.Private 2BR (king/queen/futon/) guest house on exclusive estate property. Cozy 1200 sf w/new comfy beds, full kitchen, living room & screened porch. Walk to MaMa D's coffee shop or to trail. Close to Delafield Hartland Genesee Mukwonago Oconomowoc Pewaukee Dousman Waukesha Wales. 35 min to Milwaukee. 45 min to Madison.
Our Wales guest house is a rare opportunity to experience the peaceful serenity of Lake Country amidst a former regal estate property. Enjoy new king and queen beds, private entry/foyer, your own private full kitchen, dining room, spacious living room, on suite jack and jill bath, and awesome screened porch. Unit has a new SMART TV with local channels, Netflix, Amazon Prime (HBO and Showtime via Amazon Prime). Walk to local coffee shop (in historic bank building) and sit outside and/or listen to music. Take a stroll or jog in the village and view the historic Welsh homes. The Glacial Drumlin Trail is right here too. A short ride to the Ice Age Trail, Lapham Peak, as well as many local lakes, beaches and parks. In Winter months cross country skiis are available for rent at Lapham Peak. One can x country skii at nearby Lapham Peak, Glacial Drumlin Trail and Nagawaukee Park. Curling, snowshoeing, ice skating, hockey and ice fishing are also popular local Lake Country events.
The guest house is VERY PRIVATE and quiet. After the remodel, the guest house is now annexed to the back side of the main house garage. You have your own comfy entry/foyer as well as lovely private screened porch. Patio furniture is provided. Private kitchen includes stainless full size fridge, electric range and dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker. Kitchen includes dishes, basic pans, coffee maker, toaster, etc... Kitchen table seats four but has a bench seat for an optional fifth person. We DO NOT provide food processor, blender or any kitchen electrics with blades. Living room includes television and old fashioned radio. Numerous family games as well as adult and children's books are also provided. The bedrooms are newly carpeted. The bathroom has a 60" tub/shower as well as vanity and full length vintage mirror. Luggage racks are located in each bedroom. Two dedicated "off road" parking spaces adjacent to entrance. Newer central air and heat which you control. New plumbing fixtures, electrical/light fixtures, paint, insulation, roof and complete exterior. New front walkway. There are four long steps between parking area and front walk. There is plenty of green space but no play area. Please take advantage of the three local parks which are all within walking distance. Their offerings include many sport and play areas: Frisbee golf, play structures, baseball fields, picnic tables and covered pavillions.
There is an open stairwell which leads to locked basement storage. It is a gated stairwell but these steps can be dangerous for young children.
Our place is designed for short term guests only. It is NOT equipped for monthly stays. We like to greet our guests but that is not always possible. If we know when you are coming, we try to make something work during your stay. Local newspapers, magazines and restaurant guides are provided. It is also very easy to stop by one of the three local coffee shops for a cup or two and learn about the area.
THINGS TO DO: When you are here, if you need suggestions regarding things to do in the area, just ask us. We are happy to help. We provide local brochures and magazines as well as information about local shops, restaurants, and activities. Whenever possible, we provide nearby festival information and info about local happenings.
FRAGRANCE SENSITIVITY: Our cleaners use varied scented cleaners and may use varied scented laundry products. We provide namebrand body soaps which do have random fragrances. Unfortunately, we are unable to meet the special requests for scent free products at this time. Please refrain from booking with us if you have fragrance sensitivity since we are absolutely unable to provide a 100% scent free environment. Thank you.
-When making your guest reservation: Please include ALL persons staying here and/or sleeping here when booking. Please see Airbnb policy. Thanks.
Our rates increase as the number of people increase.
-Maximum 5 persons (including 2 children under 12 years).
-Check in 4pm-midnight. Check out 11am.
-(If you need an earlier check in please ask. We can often accommodate)
-Sorry, NO exceptions to the NO pets and NO smoking policies.
- Shoes off at the door.
-No candles or burning or incense is allowed
- Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable
- If you make a mess please clean it up.
- 5 person max. capacity at nightly rate.
- Quiet hours 10pm-7am
- No outdoor cooking. No frying of fish in unit.
- No smoking property. We do not have a smoking area.
-We supply starter toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, snacks, coffee, etc... for short term stays.
-TWO car parking maximum in designated spaces. No motorhomes, boats, trailers, equipment or oversized vehicles.
-(Municipality does not allow overnight street parking)
- Turn off all lights before leaving
- The property is rich in history and tradition. It was once a Welsh Gentleman's Estate. Throughout the years the property had housed a summer camp, an artists getaway, and during the Lunt/Fontanne era the guesthouse was home to a famous author. The history is documented in a newspaper article in the guesthouse.
- You can walk to the local coffee shop for a drink or a sweet treat. The I94/Hwy 83 shopping area is a five minutes drive. Target, Kohl's, Walmart, Bath & Body, Sentry Foods, Marcus Movie Theater, Home Depot, Colders, and many restaurants and smaller shops are only a five minute drive. Additional: gas stations, grocery store, restaurants, pharmacy, etc... are just a short one minute drive.
- The guest house was recently completely renovated and annexed to the main house. We tried to keep original architectural details whenever possible. You will see the original pine ceilings, wood parquet floors, wainscotting and mirrors. Original architectural elements were taken from the main house and added to the guesthouse during renovation. You will find vintage doors and details which were repurposed here. There are also many furniture pieces which have been repurposed and salvaged from the original buildings on the property. Have fun exploring and finding them.
- The driveway entrance, entry doors and elevation are unique and ARE NOT shared with the main house
- The remainder of the estate property now consists of a small cul de sac with executive homes. The area is mostly wooded but once contained stables, outbuildings and pastures.
- Occupancy: Up to FIVE people maximum. ALL occupants must be listed when booking.
BEDDING-PLEASE NOTE: Upon booking please lelt us know how many beds you will require. We only place clean linens on the bed(s) which will be used for your booking. A (5th) person has the use a new full size futon mattress/bed which will be placed in the living room. The futon/futon bedding will only be available if such or upon request. If you have three or four people and would like the futon mattress prepared for sleeping please request such upon booking. Many thanks.
ตั้งแต่วันที่ 29 ตุลาคม 2017 - 31 มีนาคม 2018 จำนวนคืนขั้นต่ำคือ 2 คืน
We are what one would call old souls. We love old movies, collect vintage photographs/postcards and can sit for hours listening to old family stories. We have owned historically unique properties in the area for over twenty years and enjoy creating wonderful living spaces from non traditional buildings. Repurposing vintage architectural details and furniture are also part of who we are! We love the local lakes as well as Lake Michigan. The historic lakefront, museums and nightlife of Downtown Milwaukee are only a short 30 minute drive east on I94. Biking the nearby Ice Age trail to Delafield is a favorite weekend passtime. We love the small shops, restaurants and the Farmers Market there. We also enjoy biking the Glacial Drumlin Trail to local restaurants/bars from Wales to Dousman. Friday nights are a must in nearby Waukesha. In Spring, Summer and Fall the Friday Night Live events come alive. Numerous bands play on the streets, shops stay open late and restaurants/bars are hopping. Waukesha also hosts a seasonal Saturday Farmers Market that is wonderful. There are also great antique shops and malls. When traveling we love to explore little towns and burgs. We love to find new, comfortable mattresses, quality bedding, cool history and charm packed in nicely renovated places. We stay in castles, boats, treehouses, guesthouses, etc... Why stay in an ordinary place when there are so many extraordinary possibilities?