Hidden away on three quarters of an acre up Nichols Canyon in Hollywood you will find a very private rustic retreat estate property originally built in 1960 by famed post and beam architects Buff & Hensman and more recently restored and updated by the LA architectural design collective Commune.
- Hidden away on three quarters of an acre up Nichols Canyon you will find a very private rustic retreat estate property originally built in 1960 by the famed post and beam architects Buff & Hensman and more recently restored and updated by the LA architectural design collective Commune.
The property sprawls along the immense hillside view lot with a 3 BR 3 BA main house, a poolside cabana room, 2 outdoor showers, heated outdoor dining room, and a full outdoor bar with retractable television, fire pit lounge area, and sunning area w/ chaises.
The house is thoroughly furnished with mid-century gems by famed designers such as Vladimir Kagan, Sergio Rodrigues, and Carlos Motta alongside modern masters such as Piero Lissoni and California craftsman Alma Allen. The kitchen is handsomely appointed with Miele appliances, Heath ceramics, and options to dine at the 26’ Boffi counter or the outdoor dining room featuring a Stan Bitters’ ceramic water feature. Both the upstairs master and guest bedroom are supported by Matteo towels and linens and Malin + Goetz bathroom products. The downstairs bedroom normally serves as a den and sitting area but the sofa can pull out into a bed if needed.
The neighborhood is Nichols Canyon; a scenic drive just minutes above Hollywood Boulevard, very close to the top entrance to Runyon Canyon. We will consider well-behaved pets but they will need to be discussed before booking. Also, a series of stacked railroad ties run throughout the property connecting all 7 of the separate structures. These can be dangerous to children of a certain age and that should also be discussed before booking.
If you have any special needs please feel free to ask and we’ll do what we can to try and accommodate.
Absolutely no parties or commercial photo shoots / filming. We live in this beautiful home and many of the pieces are either museum quality or irreplaceable. Will only accept respectful guests.
- Although this property is gated and very private, sound travels in the canyon. Please be respectful of the community.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING inside the house.
- Although we are dog lovers, this property contains valuable furnishings. An additional security deposit will be required for pets.
- This property is located in the hills where coyotes run freely. Be aware that pets left unattended could be in danger.
- The home is controlled by a Crestron system. We will train you on some of the basic functions upon arrival.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.