Designer renovated garden 1 BR apartment with private garden access. Futon couch in LR can sleep additional 2 upon request This cozy space has everything you need and is conveniently located in vibrant, hip Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
The guest space is part of a larger apartment- one half of our garden level apartment. We use the front half primarily as a workspace. The back half has private entrance, full bathroom, kitchen, LR area and separate bedroom and is totally private.
The bedroom has an antique full size bed. Please note the bed has antique springs which we quite like and is fine for 2 ppl but may not be for everyone. There's a brand new mattress. The LR has a full size futon/couch and can sleep an additional 2 . Please let us know if you intend to use it so we can leave additional bedding. There is a hanging closet in the main space and a secretary desk with 3 small drawers suitable for clothing in the bedroom. Guests have private access to paved garden. There's also a coin operated common washer/dryer in the basement for the tenants which guests can use, however, there is no need to wash sheets and towels after your stay. That's what the cleaning fee is for.
Depending on when you arrive, access will likely be via lockbox when we are unavailable to meet you. Code will be sent seperately only if we are unavailable to meet you. Unlock the black iron gate and the next wooden door. The innermost door to the vestibule doesn't get locked. Once inside, there are 2 doors into the apartment- the first is for our space and the one at the back of the hall with the blue rug is for Guests- which is your space.
We use the front half of the apartment. There is a seperate entrance and the two spaces are private. We are generally in the neighborhood and in and out of the space during the week so we can be available when needed but guests will have total privacy. We are here to answer any questions you have, and will happily provide you with any free advice we can offer. We are native New Yorkers and love Brooklyn. We also understand how important privacy is for guests and will be in contact mostly via phone and text so as not to bother you on your trip
We have wifi but no tv in the apartment. This works well for us but we recognize it's not for everyone.
- This is a quiet residential building with long term tenants. We expect our guests to behave respectfully and be mindful and thoughtful of the residents. This is the only unit with outdoor space so please keep noise to a minimum if you are in the yard in the late evening. Absolutely no events or parties allowed.
- Having visitors is discouraged and no visitors that have not been approved by us well in advance. Please ask for permission to have visitors beforehand. Thanks!
- Guest must adhere to the no smoking rule inside the apartment. You can smoke in the backyard. No pets. There is a cleaning fee of $75.00, however, if guest does not adhere to the smoking rule the security deposit will not be refunded.
- Please keep the premises clean (clean spills, dishes, countertops, etc.). Please do not use the countertop as a cutting board. Do not wash the linens for the next guests. That's what the cleaning fee is for.
- Time of arrival or check out can be discussed, depending on the arrival or departure of preceding and next guests. We're flexible and want to work with you.
- **Please note- if you do smoke in the yard kindly pick up all cigarette butts and also please close the doors so the smell doesnt seep inside.