Want to stay in a truly unique, custom-built tiny home in the heart of Portland's hottest neighborhood? The Mississippi Smalls - Lemon Door Loft will treat you right. We look forward to hosting you in our hand-crafted micro-loft built with love!
The Mississippi Smalls - Lemon Door Loft is a modern - industrial - rustic take on the classic mother-in-law unit, which will provide you with a luxe, personal & economical alternative to staying in a hotel/motel in the city. Located in the heart of the Historic Mississippi District & boasting a Walker's Paradise 91 & Biker's Paradise 93 score, the Smalls are sure to deliver a unique experience in custom designed, space efficient housing & convenient access to some of Portland's hottest spots, just steps away!
While the Smalls are considered Tiny Houses, the open, vaulted, light-filled space will make them seem much bigger than they appear. They are appointed with everything you need whether you are visiting PDX for a few days or for an extended stay.
Our inspiration for the micro-lofts was born out of our love for efficient spaces & for the love of all things tiny & small. We've pooled the talents of friends, artists & local crafts people in Portland to construct & finish out the Smalls. Our experiences touring as Musicians for many years, travels around the world, participating in Burning Man & our local roots all influence the vibe of the space. Wherever possible, we have reclaimed, repurposed, upcycled, & recycled objects & materials & incorporated them into the design & function of the building & surrounding space.
We wanted them to be tranquil, meditative, efficient, green-friendly environments, which combine both comfort & practicality in their 320 square footprint. Though technically studios (one room), the extra 100 square foot sleeping loft, with full staircase & vaulted 18 foot ceilings and private bath combine to make the space feel & function much larger than it is. Each unit is also a completely separate & standalone building. The micro lofts share a beautiful common area garden with bamboo rustling in the breeze, custom patio & ready to fire grill. Perfect for reflecting, bbq'ing, reading, relaxing, happy-houring or whatever your heart desires.
With regrets: No Pets/No Smoking
Keyless entry allows for easy 24 hour check in / check out, at your convenience. Please do not worry about late nite check ins or early morning check outs - it's no bother! :) We will send you the code on the day of your arrival. You'll have complete access to the unit you have rented (Blue Door (front) or Lemon Door (back)) & the grounds of the property, including patios & garden space. There is also a pretty nice laundry / pub less than a block away from the house on Fremont if you need to do your laundry while you drink beer or coffee with friends. DIY Portland style!
We are just a phone call/email/text away! Texts are preferred & we respond promptly to them. You may also use the airbnb messages as those are pushed as texts too. We are pretty hands off & will leave you to enjoy your stay for the most part. We do not live on the premises, but we are not far away & we may be over there from time to time as Heather's mom, Linda, lives in the main house. She can also help you should you need anything. But please do message us first should you need anything & we will determine if it's something she or we can assist you with better. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or can't quite figure out how something works or need a great rec for a place to eat. We are here to help!
*** We provide fresh local Coffee & Tea for every guest - but not breakfast***
• Bamboo floors
• Original artwork by the owner & local artists
• Kitchen-ette with hotplate & cookware & utensils - enough to heat up a meal or prepare a simple one. Toaster oven & / or Microwave. There are so many amazing restaurants nearby - we think you'll be out enjoying them more than cooking in the cottage - but the kitchenette will serve to help you prepare simple meals if you'd like to stay in & eat too.
• Outdoor sitting area with patio
• All cotton bedding & towels
• Memory foam queen size mattress in sleeping loft. Fold out couch bed
down below to accommodate up to 4 people, no additional charge for extra guests.
• Free Wi-Fi
• Cadet heaters & A/C & fans
• Ready-to-fire charcoal grill (coming soon!)
• Ample street parking & alley entrance if needed
• Guest entrance along side of main house, down the center of the property
• Biketown bike rental station just two blocks away on Mississippi & Beech
Please also see Mississippi Smalls - Lemon Door guidelines & agreement which we will send upon booking.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed. No smoking or vaping of tobacco or cannabis is allowed inside of the studio. Smoking or vaping is allowed outside on the patio.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, only use appliances for their intended uses & inform us if anything is not working upon your arrival.
5. Respect the neighbors - houses are close together in this neighborhood, so please respect noise level after 9pm & before 7am.
6. There is a pull out couch bed on the main floor. It is easy to set up & take down - there are specific instructions in the binder in the cottage. It is comfy too!
7. Pets are NOT allowed in the unit! There are no exceptions on this one - regrets in advance! There are (or will be) pets on the premises. Two dogs - Fortune & Danny.
8. PARKING – There is ample parking on the streets surrounding the property. Parking is not limited to any number of vehicles, though one vehicle per party is preferred. Vehicles may park on the street in front of the main house or anywhere in the neighborhood where parking is available. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Longer stays may require intermittent cleans on a case by case basis.
10. COMING SOON! Firepit: The firepit is a basic open pit in the backyard. There may be some basic supplies around, from previous guests or usage, but should you need additional materials, you will need to purchase them for your use.
11. Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on city sewer system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogs the system, you could be
charged damages of up to ____$50_____.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
13. The property is furnished and includes queen sized bed, extra queen sleeper couch, all kitchen utensils, cookware, dining ware, french press coffee maker, fast heating hot water pot, induction cook top, silverware, towels, sheets, spices, some condiments, iron, ironing board, iPhone Bluetooth sound-bar for music. A/C unit & fans.
Items we stock: soaps, shampoo, conditioner, TP, some tea, coffee, chocolate, wine, olive oil & balsamic vinegar & some basic spices.
We do not keep the kitchen fully stocked with every item you may need, but over time folks tend to leave behind quite an array of stock which we leave out there for your convenience, however we cannot guarantee everything you may need will be out there, only the stocked items are guaranteed. If any of the stocked items are out - please let us know right away & we will replace & we will inform our cleaner immediately!
***Please for the love of god do not cut on the countertops.*** There are two really nice cutting boards for your use in the kitchenette. Thank you ever so much!
14. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and only the persons listed in the inquiry.
15. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. An additional charge or $10 per
person per night for guests in addition to 2 will be assessed (waived for soft -opening period).
16. Term of the Lease begins with the "Check - in" date & ends with the "Check - out" date.
17. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during
holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the $145-night rate.
18. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules above at
all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
19. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection.
Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
20. Deposit: A deposit has been paid to airbnb.com to reserve your dates. Reservations cannot be guaranteed available without deposit. The deposit is applied toward the rental fees.
21. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
22. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the full fees shall be due upon arrival & paid through airbnb.com.
23. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
_50___% if cancelled _7___ days prior to the Check-in Date
__0__% if cancelled _6___ or less___ days prior to the Check-in Date
24. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
Contact your current homeowner's, renters or auto insurance policy holder.
25. The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by their acceptance of this booking.
26. Please follow the Check-out procedure upon checking out of the unit. We will send this information upon booking & it is also listed in the binder in the cottage for your convenience. If our cleaner reports any broken, missing our damaged items or finds you have not followed the check out procedure, they will inform us upon Check out & it may unfortunately result in either lower review scores, damage fees, or both.
27. Our main goal in hosting is for you to have a 5 Star experience - if there is anything we can do for you while you are here to help ensure that - please do not hesitate to ask us! We do not live on the premises, so we may not have the pleasure of meeting you, but we are only a short distance away & always a quick call or text if you need anything at all.
Make yourselves at home & Enjoy~!!!
Heather, Topher, Linda, Stella, Maddi & Inigo!
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 394 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น