Please read the listing details. Paul's Room-- and our house!-- is convenient to the highway exit & nearby Asheville area or Black Mountain/Montreat. It's an easy walk or VERY quick drive to groceries, dining, gas, drug stores / necessities. You’ll love our garden, the proximity to Warren Wilson College (Swannanoa Chamber Music Festival, Swannanoa Gathering, Old Farmer's Ball, MFA Residencies) and the venue White Horse Black Mountain. Our place is good for solo adventurers and cozy couples.
- Check-in/check-out can be flexible.
- Send me a contact message, because I sometimes can accommodate a same-day booking.
- 1-3 guests for short visits okay. No additional overnight guests.
- Our work and school days vary, but in general, quiet hours are 9 or 10 pm to 6am, with some daytime study hours occurring.
- Please don't book if the total weight on our futon would exceed 400 pounds.
- Responsible alcohol consumption by persons of age is okay, but no reckless or disruptive behavior, no drugs, no disrespect for our home or neighborhood.
- Belba is strictly an indoor cat and lives everywhere in the house indiscriminately. Please do not book if allergic.
- If, staying a week or more, you may do lightly soiled laundry only, $5/load, wash & dry.
- In the cold weather months, you may adjust the thermostat, but no one other than your hosts may set the house on fire. Please do not tend the wood stove. Please no candles or open flames at any time of year.
- GPS has trouble finding us. Waze and G*maps work better. Still, our back driveway proves a challenge to find for some. On booking, PLEASE go to the Location section of the listing for details.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
Boring middle aged healthcare professional. Hiking gardening volunteering hobbies...blah blah blah. Starting artsy-crafty projects that should have been underway months ago.... My ambitions focus on travel more than achievements and things. Too many destinations too little PTO. When we travel, we look for a place to sleep and perform ablutions, and it needn't be plush and posh. Camping, backpacking, and hostels have been our style.