Situated on a quiet and private wooded acreage and hobby farm, the newly-built Giving Tree Cottage offers guests a cozy stay in Cobble Hill. This bright, sunny cottage has a luxury queen bed, a comfy sofa, a full, spacious kitchen, and a bathroom with a large soaker tub. Coffee, tea, and farm-fresh eggs are provided to start your day.
While the cottage is perfect for an individual or a couple, foam mattresses can be supplied to sleep one or two children. It is wheelchair accessible.
The Giving Tree Cottage offers you a quiet and comfortable stay while visiting the Cowichan Valley. This sunny, newly-built studio cottage is self-contained and has everything you need for a short or long stay. You will enjoy a fully-equipped kitchen, a luxurious queen bed, a bright bathroom with a deep soaker tub, and a comfy sitting area to curl up with a good book.
Our property is surrounded by mature trees offering privacy in a natural surrounding. The quiet semi-rural neighbourhood is great for walks or bike rides. Star-gazers will appreciate the clear nights when you can enjoy a blanket of stars not often visible in the city.
Foodies will love using the kitchen to cook up local fare from the Duncan Farmers’ Market and the many farm stands. Or, if you would prefer a break from cooking, you are minutes away from Unsworth Restaurant, Merridale Cidery, Bridgemans Bistro, and the Cobblestone Pub.
Just outside your front door, you have access to a sheltered cedar deck with a bistro set - great for your morning coffee! While guests do not have full access to the hobby farm, we are very happy to show you around to meet our chickens, rabbits, cats, and dog. Depending on the season, we may have some fresh delights from the garden for you to sample.
As your hosts, we are thrilled to invite travellers to enjoy the serenity of the Giving Tree Cottage. Our home is located on the property and Brenda works from her home office, so she is readily available to answer your questions and ensure you have all you need for a memorable stay. After leaving the lower mainland several years ago with our two children, we have discovered the joy of raising animals, growing food on our acreage, and exploring the many adventures awaiting us in the Cowichan Valley.
- No smoking allowed inside cottage or anywhere on the property.
- We have a septic system, so care is required to keep it in good working order. This means only toilet paper should be flushed, and oils/fats should be scraped into the garbage or compost rather than washed down the drain.
- Housekeeping: there is no housekeeping service. For long term bookings we will provide clean bed linens and towels as required.
- Please bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage.
- We may accept longer term bookings (eg. greater than two weeks) on a case by case basis. A premium will be charged for long term rentals during high season, in addition to a 25% deposit.