Newly renovated 1925 house with apartment, charmingly furnished. Two blocks from the historic downtown mall and on the route of the free trolley to UVA. The apartment has a bedroom, bathroom with tub and shower, fully equipped kitchen, living room and dining area. Street parking and a lovely small garden.
The property is located two blocks from Charlottesville’s historic 7-block pedestrian mall. The pedestrian mall is home to The Paramount Theatre, Live Arts, Galleries, restaurants, book stores, street vendors, a Saturday farmers market, the Intelos Amphitheater, movie theaters, restaurants and bars. The University of Virginia grounds are approximately 2 miles away and can be reached on the free trolley service, which stops a few yards from the house. Nearby Belmont is home to some of the cities most popular and delicious restaurants: MAS, The Local & Tavola. For casual dining you have The Belmont BBQ, Beer Run, Black Market Moto Saloon, and La Taza Coffee House. Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Jefferson winery and a 2 mile hiking trail are an easy 10 minute drive. Many of Virginia's world renowned wineries are all an easy day trip: Keswick Vineyards, King Family, Barboursville, Pippin Winery, Jefferson Vineyard, Trump Winery to name just a few. Charlottesville is home to three past President's Virginia homes: Monticello (Jefferson's), Montpelier (Madison's) & Ashlawn-Highland (Monroe's). Furnished in charming vintage style it is a wonderful alternative to any local hotel. It has a comfortable living room and dining area, washer and dryer, wide screen TV, and free wireless Internet. The kitchen is equipped with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops; stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge, dishwasher, utensils/glassware, coffee, tea, cream, juice, whole fruit, bottled water and snacks are all included in the nightly rate. The full sized bed is fitted with luxurious linens, comforter and pillows. There is also an additional pull-out single bed. There are plenty of plush towels, shampoo, soaps and hair dryer in the bath, which has a tub/shower. This property is located in an ideal neighborhood for travelers who wish to have the comfort and convenience to the downtown area, UVA grounds, sporting events and/or medical center and a lot more space and privacy then a hotel.
Guests will have access to the entire downstairs apartment, along with the back patio and front porch. There is another apartment upstairs that is not accessible to guests.
We will not be present at the apartment during the guests stay.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Parking is on Market street in front or on 11th street. We ask that you please do not park in the alley behind the house. You will find the instructions for using the wifi and other house information in the apartment.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.