Stay in this stylish basement apartment located in Petworth, just north of the lively Columbia Heights/Adams Morgan area of the city and only 5 miles from the national museums downtown. If you are looking for a place that's clean and affordable to stay on your next visit to DC, you've found it! Completely renovated, fully furnished with modern furniture, flatscreen TV, cable, Wi-fi, washer/dryer, kitchenware, queen bed, this space is a unique home away from home. Fresh clean towels, pillow and bed linens are provided along with microwave, coffee maker, toaster, hair dryer, iron & ironing-board. On-street parking is also available in front of the property. Parking is non-zoned/unrestricted, so visitor pass not needed. Enjoy your own private entrance, a full private European-styled kitchen, large private bathroom, private living room, and office niche. Warm up near the fire pit in the backyard in the early spring and autumn months. Relax on the patio, throw your favorite meal on the grill, or just enjoy a cold drink and a summer breeze under the shade of the popular Willow tree. The outdoor community swimming pool, within walking distance, is a great way to cool off on those hot DC summer days. Ideal place for summer internships and for U.S. or international visitors to the area.
Local stores, bars & restaurants:
Yes!Organic Market, Safeway, RiteAid & CVS pharmacies, RAS, Fusion, Meroni & Brothers, Sweet Mango Cafe*, HealthyBites. In nearby Columbia Heights: Giant, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Thai Tanic*, Chipotle, Five Guys, Wonderland Ballroom*, Meridian Pint*, Red Rocks Pizza, Room 11, Lou's Sports Bar, Tynan Coffee & Tea, Starbucks, IHOP (now delivers!), The Heights, Taqueria Distrito Federal, Pete's Apizza, Potbellys, Pho 14, Frozen Yo, Julia's Empanadas
If you are not driving, Metro trains (15-20 min walk away) will take you to all the great destinations DC has to offer in just minutes. Even closer, only 2 blocks away, are several Metro bus lines to take you anywhere in the city. The apt is in a quiet, residential part of the city, yet is close enough to all the action. NOTE: Please do not book the apt if the 15-20 min walk to the train is a challenge for you, you are not comfortable taking buses, dislike using public transportation in general, or your idea of easy access is having it all 'right at your doorstep'. Capital Bike Share system is also nearby for touring our bike-friendly city. Rated in the top 15 cities for biking, our nations capital boasts of a vibrant and diverse bike culture with lots of trails and dedicated lanes to keep riders safe from the, sometimes, hectic DC traffic.
UBER, Lyft and Sidecar are also good alternatives to taxi and only require an app download and credit card.
- Please contact host before booking and provide a brief profile with picture of yourself.
- This is a Non-smoking space.
- Strictly no pets, no parties allowed.
- Early or late self check in may be arranged, if requested in advance. (With self check in you may not have a chance to meet the host).
- Please treat this space as a residence, and not as a room in a hotel.
- Property address for this listing should not be used as a personal mailing address by the guest at any time.
- Please do not attempt to fix or repair anything yourself. If you should experience any problems working an appliance or an appliance simply is not working, contact the host immediately to get it resolved.
- Please turn off the AC or heater when you leave the apartment.