Completely renovated studio tucked away in the gorgeous Makaha Valley. Short 1 minute drive to world famous surfing beach, snorkeling, and golf. Pristine views of the ocean, sunset, and valley all in a stylish, comfortable space. Secured building with pool, lush landscaping and wild peacocks. Short drives to spectacular beaches, tide pools, hikes, and tours! Our studio is perfect for travelers looking to be away from the tourist traps - looking to relax, explore, and enjoy the West Side of Oahu.
This is a newly renovated studio located on the 11th floor (above the trees). The design is clean with rustic touches, slightly minimalist giving you a nice air conditioned space to relax after a long day at the beach, and/or concentrate on work or a hobby you enjoy. You'll enjoy peace and quite, with a nice view of the east side of Mākaha Valley and the Pacific Ocean.
You will have access to the pool and the BBQ area, please observe all rules that are posted on the property. There is also a nice hike that is just outside of the entry gate to the left. Follow the path.
We may not be there to welcome you in person all the time (depending on the time you check in) but we are always available via phone or Airbnb app or text, etc. We are happy to help with any questions!
Guests must pay for their own parking. Parking is paid to the building office by CASH ONLY.
Parking fees are as follows: A refundable $50 deposit for your parking pass. The guard shake does not handle monies so make sure to visit the Office before you leave the open at 8:00 am Monday thru Friday. If you leave on the weekend make sure to see them on Friday. If they can't refund you then they will be mailing it to you. When you are leaving the property for the final time make sure to turn in your pass to the guard shack.
Parking is $4/day - due to the office upon registration of your vehicle.
So... Bring $50 in cash and add $4 a day for your stay upon check-in and you should be fine.
- Please keep sliding glass doors closed at night as moths will be attracted to the light and come into the studio.
-All guests must provide full names and ages for booking. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of booking, with no refund.
- We (Your Hosts) are not responsible for any injury, illness, or accident while on premises. By accepting this reservation, all guests agree that use of premises is at their own risk. This includes anyone invited by guests onto the property.
- DO NOT share your access code with anyone.
- Guests must return their parking passes upon checkout. Failure to do so will result in possibly losing your $50 deposit, if you gave the office your mailing address they can mail it to you, upon receipt of parking pass.
- Absolutely NO smoking in the unit, or on the balconies. Guest must smoke in the designated smoking zone downstairs by the BBQ's.
- No illegal drugs
- Guests agree to refrain from conducting any illegal activity on the internet using the Wifi provided by the Host. This includes downloads, data transfers, etc.
- Please limit stains and pests by only eating in the kitchen or on the balcony.
- Parking is strictly enforced. Guests must use the visitor stalls, park within the lines, and may not reverse into the stall. Failure to abide by these rules will result in the security knocking on your door to move your car.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO EATING OR DRINKING ON THE LOVESAC. If any stains are found after checkout, you will be billed for your security deposit at a minimum of $250.
-DO NOT JUMP/FLOP INTO THE LOVESAC AND NO SHARP OBJECTS. If you cause the sofa to rupture, you will be billed for a replacement and shipping charges.
-Upon booking, You have fully acknowledged and agreed to all house rules for yourself and your traveling party.
-Please create tons of memories, and act on your inspirations you may gain while here.
-Please keep the energy in here happy, and positive. Don't fight when you're on vacation! That's a golden rule! Nani's philosophy is that the time we have on earth is limited and precious. “Don't waste it being angry, when you could be making a memory."
We are a young, growing family. We have a strong love of the ocean, and our cultural connection to the Island we call home. We are fun-loving, easy-going, and love to laugh. We really love being outdoors; surfing, hiking, playing with our kids and dog, or hosting a sweet beach BBQ. We are always looking to grow mentally spiritually and culturally. We enjoy reading, yoga, and spending time gaining wisdom from any and all who are willing to share. We are also those healthy-eating, natural-products-using/making, chia-seed-loving, kind of families (or at least aim to be). We enjoy family walks, family talks, our children's laughter, cooking together, and creating & making things with our hands. After all, everyone can be an artist right?
Kalai enjoys anything ocean-related. He loves to surf, swim, dive, snorkel, exercise, or just relax at the beach. He also enjoys playing his ukulele, and spending time with good people and eating good food. He's a go-getter, always drawing inspiration from whatever is around him, and if he can think it... He can do it! Nani enjoys realxing on her beach chair, when she isn't chasing our four children around. She loves being a mother, and spending quality time with the family. She loves trying new things, and practicing her new hobby of calligraphy . She loves dancing, being with good friends, laughing and making others laugh, SNL, and all things Disney. She is currently working on projects for her legacy within the family that include a cookbook, and a children's book. Together, We, Kalai & Nani are a great team. We create together, laugh together, and work well together.
As a host, we are very respectful to our neighbors and the land. Our guests are our family while they stay at our home. We want them to enjoy the best beaches on the island (which, personal opinion, are located on the west side of Oahu). We want our guests to have an immersive experience while they're here: Filled with great beach days, surfing the Winter or summer swells. Snorkeling in the summer, to come home to a good BBQ, having drinks on the porch, taking a walk on the beach as the sun goes down, stargazing on the lawn, and cuddling up to watch a movie... and then doing it all over again the next day! Our house, is your house.
Motto: Life is what you make it, it is what you choose to focus on, what you choose to put energy into, it is the moment now. Be in it, feel it, enjoy it and share it.