Gorgeous period home brimming with 19th century charm and all the modern comforts. This home is perfect for those looking for a home away from home for a weekend or a longer stay. Get away from it all in a freshly renovated home – gourmet kitchen, renovated bathroom, living and garden areas - perfect for relaxing or entertaining.
If you’re here to explore, you are steps away from the village shops of Clifton Hill and Fitzroy, and short hop on public transport to all of Melbourne's highlights.
Period features, elevated, front and rear gardens, high ceilings. Quiet yet vibrant neighbourhood, just steps away from village shops, cafes, restaurants, and fitness facilities. Master bedroom has a queen size bed, second bedroom has a single bed which extends to a queen size bed. Lovely living and dining area, covered outdoor breakfast area plus modern courtyard garden with deck for entertaining. The kitchen and bathroom have been totally renovated (2016). The home is tastefully decorated with thought put into every detail. Free Wifi, gas heating, air con unit. Off-street parking for one car and plenty of free unrestricted parking in the vicinity.
Visiting Melbourne’s tourist highlights?
A 10 minute tram ride brings you to Carlton Gardens and the Royal Exhibition Building. A 10 minute train ride brings you to the heart of the city. A 10 minute cycle brings you to the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Extensive cycle and walking paths bring you through some of Melbourne’s best parklands (Capital City Trail, Yarra Trail, etc).
Visiting for work or research?
Several of Melbourne’s largest universities (Melbourne, La Trobe, Victoria, RMIT) and hospitals (Austin, Epworth Richmond, East Melbourne, RMH, Women’s, VCCC) are within 10-15 minutes drive, cycle, tram, bus, train ride or walk. You’ll feel right at home in the area and if you’re here longer term, one of the area’s best public primary schools is just opposite the house.
Sporting or music events?
We are less than a 10 minute walk from Clifton Hill Station which will take you to the main sports and music venue precinct station (Jolimont) in 10 minutes. Melbourne Cricket Ground, AAMI, Tennis Courts, Rod Laver Arena, are all within 2-15 minutes walk of this station.
Keen to explore living in the area?
Perhaps you’re looking for somewhere to start your permanent move to the city? Clifton Hill is a perfect base to start - renowned for its charm and is surrounded by suburbs with a reputation for some of the city’s best restaurants, cafes, bars, music venues, art installations, community activities, parklands, health and fitness facilities, etc.
We can interact as much or as little as you like. I can be contacted any time if you have any questions during your stay.
Getting to work?
• Austin: 10-15 minutes by train from Clifton Hill. Some express services are shorter. Hospital next to Heidelberg Station
• Epworth Richmond and East Melbourne Health Clinics: 5-7 minutes to West Richmond
• St Vincent's: 10-15 minutes on tram – next to Carlton Gardens
• RMH, Women's, Children's, VCCC: can all be accessed by car, or alternatively combination of public transport and 10-15 minute walk (flinders street plus tram up Elizabeth Street), Carlton Gardens plus walk up Grattan Street.
• Northern: regular trains to Epping
• La Trobe University: train to Macleod, plus 15-20 minute walk or 10 minute cycle. Buses also available. Train to Reservoir plus express (10 minute) bus shuttle. Tram (30 mins). Bus (no.250 – 30 mins). Cycle 40 mins (mainly along purpose made bike trail along creek).
• University of Melbourne: Bus direct from North Terrace (15-20 minutes). 15 minute cycle. Tram to Carlton Gardens plus 10-15 minute walk. Short drive.
• RMIT, Victoria University (city), City Campuses: Train to flinders street
• Deakin and Swinburne: Train to Jolimont and then trams
Quick and easy access by tram, train and cycling.
Hi! I work in building design and I love creating well designed, practical and enjoyable spaces. I love catching up with friends and keeping active. I row competitively and do a bit of yoga to keep everything in balance (at least that's the aim!). I enjoy traveling and have seen most of Europe and the U.K. as well as many parts of Asia. Despite seeing many great places in the world, I'll always call Melbourne home. I love Melbourne's casual vibe, cultural diversity and of course, I have yet to find better coffee anywhere than in my home town!