Great downtown location near many amenities and also very accessible (20-30 minutes door-to-door) to ALL major ski resorts in Utah. Just blocks away from the heart of downtown and convention centers. Short walk to beautiful Liberty Park. Fully stocked (i.e. iron, ironing board, kitchen dishes & tools, coffee maker, etc.).
This historic home is part of Salt Lake City's well maintained historic district. Built in 1920, but remodeled in 2014, the house has lots of charm with a full suite of modern features. It's ideally located for travelers visiting downtown Salt Lake City - within walking distance to many downtown attractions. It's also a great fit for visitors interested in playing in Utah's magnificent Wasatch Mountains, but who don't want to pay resort prices. The house is a about a half hour to Park City/Canyons, Alta, Brighton, Snow Bird, and Solitude as well as dozens of world class climbing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, and fishing locations. It is also just a 5 minute walk to beautiful Liberty Park. Use this house as your home base for adventure.
The master bedroom has a king size bed and a gas fireplace. The guest bedroom has a queen size bed. We also have a third guest room with a single bed. The entertainment room also accommodates our double-thick queen size Aero Bed - probably the best air mattress I've ever slept on. The couch in the living room is very comfortable to sleep on in addition to the queen size Aero Bed.
Please note this is a basement apartment and the ceiling is about 6.5 feet tall in some areas. Also please note that there is not a thermostat in the basement to control the air conditioning/heating but you can control the temperature with the vents or call/text me so it can be adjusted upstairs.
The lower level of the house (i.e. basement) is all yours and you have your own private side door entrance with a gate at the driveway. Please park your car on the street.
Generally, we will not be available in person, but if possible, we'd be happy to say hello and get you oriented if you request it. We will always be very responsive to calls, texts, emails if there is anything you need.
- Check-in is after 4PM.
- This home is our primary residence; please treat it like YOUR primary residence.
- - Check out is at 11:00 am on the last day of your reservation. If you check out after 11:00 am, you will be charged for an additional day at the full daily rate of the day you check out ($100-$279 depending on seasonality and occupancy).
- - When you come and go during your stay, secure all doors and windows and turn off all the lights except the porch light. Do the same when you check out.
- - Please close the gate and leave the gate remote control on the kitchen table. Please park your car on the street. No parking in the driveway.
- There may be dogs in the back yard. They are very friendly but please do not touch them or feed them.
- - Please be respectful of our full-time upstairs renter (units are entirely separate & private) by keeping quiet during sleeping hours.
- - We make extensive efforts to remove our private/personal belongings before your stay, but we may occasionally miss a thing or two. So please don't mess with anything that's personal or private. This includes our mail, medicine, not eating our food, etc...
- - No smoking anywhere on the property.
- - No pets or animals of any kind.
- - No one other than the people confirmed at booking are allowed to stay in our house. Please do not throw any parties or host events in our house.
- - If you use our Calphalon pots or pans they need to be hand washed - do not put them in the dishwasher. Any of the other pots and pans are dishwasher safe. Coffee maker, blender and toaster are in the storage closet behind the refrigerator.
- - Please take out your trash. Both recycling and garbage bins are behind the house under the carport.
- Also, please support us and the Airbnb community by leaving us an honest review!
My wife, Linda, and I love the outdoors and seeing the world. We have 3 beautiful children (one boy and two girls) who are all married to people we love. No grand children yet though :-)